Wordpress theme to match XF or vice versa?

Andy.N

Like many people here who have Wordpress+XenForo combo, this is an interesting question to ask ourselves when we consider which way to go to integrate both side, style wise.

1) Making Wordpress theme to match Xenforo
If you have a working Wordpress theme, this may be not a good choice. Maybe integrate the Xenforo navbar
2) Making Xenforo theme to match Wordpress

That said, I'm looking for a talented designer to do some amazing work.

That site xenfs.com is planning on having a matching wordpress theme.
None are released currently.
Obviously you didn't look too hard....
http://xenfs.com/164/silently-rolling-out-those-fancy-wordpress-themes.html

For both themes that are premium they have wordpress copies out. I know cause I purchased the xengamer series last week... and that posts shows that xenbiz is also out...

Furthermore if you look at the product page there is a nice shiny purple button that says "Wordpress demo" and under diversity it also says Wordpress, xenforo...

I like the creativeness of all the styling and themes that are being created. Though they are not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for more functionality, less color changes.

I don't know if this link helps, but more like this with integration. http://ericulous.com/2010/10/26/wp-theme-cadabrapress-magazine/

In fact, on another thread I've been told a php page might be created in XF to look like this and WP might not be needed at all. We can then call forum data into the home page.

I'm about 90% done with my Wordpress/XF theme for my site. The beauty of it is once it's done it pulls all of the css and data from XF so really it should match about any theme with minimal work. I'm planning on releasing it once it's done.

You will be the Hero of the year :D

I'm about 90% done with my Wordpress/XF theme for my site. The beauty of it is once it's done it pulls all of the css and data from XF so really it should match about any theme with minimal work. I'm planning on releasing it once it's done.
I would love this. Right now I am styling three components separately. If I could at least pull two of them together, it would help tremendously.
You can see mine here:
Secret City Designs
Secret City Designs Forum
Secret City Designs Shop (my shop is coded but not yet open, still pulling it together as far as my scrap elements)

Quite the silent roll out.
The landing page has a VERY LARGE banner ad.
The first one was about Wordpress and it said coming soon.
I guess the large banner ad was not updated.
I also clicked on the products page. No mention of Wordpress.

Furthermore if you look at the product page there is a nice shiny purple button that says "Wordpress demo" and under diversity it also says Wordpress, xenforo...

Ideally the demo would show the integration of Wordpress and Xenforo.
You need to see them working together to see how the tabs will look when clicking back and forth.

But for a mere $24, I'd just go for it !

I think there should be a slight premium for the Wordpress theme.
like XenBusiness $24.
XenBusiness with Wordpress $34.
IMO.
But since the Tabs are non-identical, maybe not.

Xenbusiness is a nice theme regardless.

When I get some alone time I'll redo my own wordpress theme we use on our site with the xenforo colours and release that... it's not using any xenforo css I just matched things up so to speak. Due to the nature of my site... I'm not exactly giving my domain name away here, some people will be offended I'm sure... so anyway you get a few screenshots for now at least. I use a fixed width theme/style for both forum and frontpage. I'm constantly adding to it anyway, it's far from finished.

Thanks to the wp/xenforo user integration add-on kindly provided here (I just got working), I now have an integrated site more or less. In other news, my vb4 licence continues to gather dust and look like a sad puppy.

Attachments

• Captgggure.webp
    Captgggure.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Capggture.webp
    Capggture.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Cagggpture.webp
    Cagggpture.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Cuuuuapture.webp
    Cuuuuapture.webp