1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wordpress theme to match XF or vice versa?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Andy.N, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Like many people here who have Wordpress+XenForo combo, this is an interesting question to ask ourselves when we consider which way to go to integrate both side, style wise.

1) Making Wordpress theme to match Xenforo
    If you have a working Wordpress theme, this may be not a good choice. Maybe integrate the Xenforo navbar
    2) Making Xenforo theme to match Wordpress

That said, I'm looking for a talented designer to do some amazing work.

krstep likes this.
  2. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

I can't be the only one with this question, can I?

3. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

4. Netsultants

Netsultants Active Member

You're not...

I setup a test board on my site last night and would like to see a WP theme integration with the default XF style too.

5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

6. MordyT

MordyT Active Member

I know one developer who has matching wordpress themes....

Click here

7. Digital Doctor

That site xenfs.com is planning on having a matching wordpress theme.
    None are released currently.

8. MordyT

MordyT Active Member

Obviously you didn't look too hard....
    http://xenfs.com/164/silently-rolling-out-those-fancy-wordpress-themes.html

For both themes that are premium they have wordpress copies out. I know cause I purchased the xengamer series last week... and that posts shows that xenbiz is also out...

Furthermore if you look at the product page there is a nice shiny purple button that says "Wordpress demo" and under diversity it also says Wordpress, xenforo...

9. Netsultants

I like the creativeness of all the styling and themes that are being created. Though they are not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for more functionality, less color changes.

I don't know if this link helps, but more like this with integration. http://ericulous.com/2010/10/26/wp-theme-cadabrapress-magazine/

In fact, on another thread I've been told a php page might be created in XF to look like this and WP might not be needed at all. We can then call forum data into the home page.

10. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

I'm about 90% done with my Wordpress/XF theme for my site. The beauty of it is once it's done it pulls all of the css and data from XF so really it should match about any theme with minimal work. I'm planning on releasing it once it's done.

11. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

You will be the Hero of the year :D

12. Netsultants

Dude... I wana see.

13. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

I would love this. Right now I am styling three components separately. If I could at least pull two of them together, it would help tremendously.
    You can see mine here:
    Secret City Designs
    Secret City Designs Forum
    Secret City Designs Shop (my shop is coded but not yet open, still pulling it together as far as my scrap elements)

14. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

It's this weeks project :D I just wrapped up a huge client project and i'll have some free time now so I get to play with XF again.

15. Digital Doctor

Quite the silent roll out.
    The landing page has a VERY LARGE banner ad.
    The first one was about Wordpress and it said coming soon.
    I guess the large banner ad was not updated.
    I also clicked on the products page. No mention of Wordpress.

Ideally the demo would show the integration of Wordpress and Xenforo.
    You need to see them working together to see how the tabs will look when clicking back and forth.

But for a mere $24, I'd just go for it !

I think there should be a slight premium for the Wordpress theme.
    like XenBusiness $24.
    XenBusiness with Wordpress $34.
    IMO.
    But since the Tabs are non-identical, maybe not.

Xenbusiness is a nice theme regardless.

16. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

When I get some alone time I'll redo my own wordpress theme we use on our site with the xenforo colours and release that... it's not using any xenforo css I just matched things up so to speak. Due to the nature of my site... I'm not exactly giving my domain name away here, some people will be offended I'm sure... so anyway you get a few screenshots for now at least. I use a fixed width theme/style for both forum and frontpage. I'm constantly adding to it anyway, it's far from finished.

Thanks to the wp/xenforo user integration add-on kindly provided here (I just got working), I now have an integrated site more or less. In other news, my vb4 licence continues to gather dust and look like a sad puppy.

Attached Files:

17. Digital Doctor

ie8.go.wordpress.not.lining.up.jpg

18. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

*takes a deep breath*

It's okay I'll just find what I've done wrong in the IE stylesheet. It's okay. I'm calm.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *flips over desk*

DoctorWatsOn and Dean like this.
  19. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member