Resource icon

WordPress get Last Forum Posts 1.4.0

No permission to download
On another note,

Setting the new_link as TRUE means that mysql_connect will always open a new link.

I don't know exactly how this addon's code works, but I hope this won't cause any performance issues?

Well, I couldn't tell you, that's beyond my pay grade... Glad you found a solution though! :) You may want to ask your host?

I'll figure something out :)

If anyone else reading this can tell me if there will be a performance hit by using new_link as TRUE, please let me know!

Last edited:
Hi, not sure if you found a solution, but it looks to me like a simple CSS fix. Look at the "padding" for the sidebars, or entry content. I had this same issue today using Genesis and News Pro. Changing the padding from 40 to 12 fixed it and allowed the secondary sidebar to show at the top.

Hope this helps!

Thanks...was this in the css for the Genesis main theme or the news pro? I can only find it in the main Genesis - does this look like the code? There are many various entry content and sidebar css parts!

.sidebar .widget {
background-color: #fff;
margin-bottom: 40px;
padding: 40px;
}

Hi, you hardly ever need, or should, touch the code in the Genesis framework. Only the child theme. So I would only modify the padding from 40px down to 12 and see if this fixes it?

Cheers!

Andre

Thanks...was this in the css for the Genesis main theme or the news pro? I can only find it in the main Genesis - does this look like the code? There are many various entry content and sidebar css parts!

.sidebar .widget {
background-color: #fff;
margin-bottom: 40px;
padding: 40px;
}

Hi, were you able to fix your issue?

Andre

Hi, easy_target, where can I set it so it open the posts in the Same page and Not a new tab? People end up with too many opened tabs.

Thanks!

Andre

Hi, how come when people click the LATESTS post, it opens the thread and not the post itself? People are getting annoyed ...

Reactions: sgr
Hi, how come when people click the LATESTS post, it opens the thread and not the post itself? People are getting annoyed ...

I just noticed this!

This means while the list appears in order of latest posts (and not latest threads), the link is actually to the thread containing the post?

Is this addon deprecated with Xenforo 1.5?

Is this addon somewhat supported?

Anyone knows if Easy target is around? People are having issues. I don't mind paying something to see this corrected, thank you!

Anyone knows of another addon doing this same thing? We're wasting precious time.

Thanks!

EasyTarget was last seen: May 9, 2015

Well, I guess I have the answer to my question. Will have to find someone to fix this for me. Hope he's OK, though...

Hi, I haven't no,

As far as I know, Xenword doesn't work in reverse, meaning it won't post on WP something created on Xenforo.

I contacted a developer to try and create something for me. I'll let you know if it works!

As far as I know, Xenword doesn't work in reverse, meaning it won't post on WP something created on Xenforo.

I don't think that is true. Have a look at the XenWord resource. It has a lot of widgets included.

Check out this link too, it's XenWord's website: XenWord 2.x - Forum Listings Widget

I'm also having a look at XenWord for my purposes. If I get the time this week I will check out the code of this WordPress get latest forums addon. I think the link issue should be fixable.. I'll know soon hopefully.

Hi, I haven't no,

I contacted a developer to try and create something for me. I'll let you know if it works!

I've fixed the problem of this plugin on my dev site. Changed the link from the thread link to the last post's link. The fix is as follows:

path: wp-content/plugins/eipSoftware/lastposts/cls
file: cls_sidebartable.php (Since I'm using the sidebar table view for the widget).
cls_footertable.php and cls_sidebarlist.php also need the changes if you're going to be using any of these.

Line 66 of all these files have this:

PHP:
 $html_Lnk       = New Link(array("href"=>$scrubbedTitle, "target"=>"_blank",  "text"=>substr($feRow['title'],0,getLastPosts::$userOptions["forumThreadLen"])));

Change this to:
PHP:
$html_Lnk       = New Link(array("href"=>$scrubbedTitle."page-".ceil($feRow['replies']/20)."#post-".$feRow['lastpostid'], "target"=>"_blank",  "text"=>substr($feRow['title'],0,getLastPosts::$userOptions["forumThreadLen"])));

This worked for me. Let me know if it worked for you or not.

EDIT: corrected the PHP code

Last edited:
HI, the file cls_sidebartable.php has a different line #66, but line #61 has:

Code:
$html_Lnk     = New Link(array("href"=>$scrubbedTitle, "target"=>"_blank",  "text"=>substr($feRow['title'],0,getLastPosts::$userOptions["forumThreadLen"])));

I've fixed the problem of this plugin on my dev site. Changed the link from the thread link to the last post's link. The fix is as follows:

path: wp-content/plugins/eipSoftware/lastposts/cls
file: cls_sidebartable.php (Since I'm using the sidebar table view for the widget).
cls_footertable.php and cls_sidebarlist.php also need the changes if you're going to be using any of these.

Line 66 of all these files have this:

PHP:
 $html_Lnk       = New Link(array("href"=>$scrubbedTitle, "target"=>"_blank",  "text"=>substr($feRow['title'],0,getLastPosts::$userOptions["forumThreadLen"])));

Change this to:

PHP:
$html_Lnk       =NewLink(array("href"=>$scrubbedTitle."page-".ceil($feRow['replies']/20)."#post-".$feRow['lastpostid'], "target"=>"_blank",  "text"=>substr($feRow['title'],0,getLastPosts::$userOptions["forumThreadLen"])));

This worked for me. Let me know if it worked for you or not.

Not working here, in fact the sidebar wasn't showing anymore.

EDIT: I realized just now that I have set the options at "Sidebar List" unlike you. I'll try a few more things.

Not working here, in fact the sidebar wasn't showing anymore.

EDIT: I realized just now that I have set the options at "Sidebar List" unlike you. I'll try a few more things.

I've updated the code. There was a spacing error. Try that. If you're using a Sidebar List, edit cls_sidebarlist.php

Top Bottom