Resource icon

WordPress 3.x (Users Only) to XenForo 1.1

No permission to download

Deek

Deek submitted a new resource:

WordPress 3.x (Users Only) to XenForo (version 1.0) - Imports WordPress users and password hases to XenForo

I'm proud to present my first public add-on, WordPress 3.x (Users Only) to XenForo. It has taken me longer than I wish but I've cleaned up my code and added a few new features from my initial iteration and I hope it can be useful for others out in the community.

The plugin will first map WordPress roles to XenForo users groups so you can easily migrate a complex setup into XenForo.

Please feel free to ask questions or submit any bugs.

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: LPH
So you would have to re-run this addon every so often to import new members? Is there a possibility that SSO will be added in the future?

Theoretically you could run this multiple times to import more users but that is not was it was designed for. If you want SSO I believe xfrocks has something and the guy over at xenscripts has a commercial version.

Deek, if a user in xenForo already exists with the same name, will the import finish without importing that specific user from Wordpress or will the import it self not go through?

Getting this error when I try to import users

Server Error

Undefined index: manage_categories
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in TheCollectiveMind/Importer/WordPress.php at line 543
  2. TheCollectiveMind_Importer_WordPress->_importUser() in TheCollectiveMind/Importer/WordPress.php at line 512
  3. TheCollectiveMind_Importer_WordPress->_importOrMergeUser() in TheCollectiveMind/Importer/WordPress.php at line 310
  4. TheCollectiveMind_Importer_WordPress->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  5. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home2/phanime/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13

Does your WordPress have any plugins that describe a role that isn't in the default WordPress install?

I am receiving this error when I try to sign in with the imported user.
Fatal error: Call to undefined method TheCollectiveMind_Authentication_WordPress::crypt_private() in /home/doubleh/public_html/forum/library/TheCollectiveMind/Authentication/class-phpass.php on line 250

What version of XenForo are you trying this with? Was it only that error message or was there a trace with it as well?

Last edited:
I've received these errors as well. I believe it's because of the way passwords are imported. This was fixed my resetting people's passwords but it's quite an inconvenience, since I did it manually.

That did it! you are awesome!!! Is there anywhere I can donate to your plugin?
I don't have anything setup for donations right now but I will let you know if I ever do set it up.

Just let me know if you have anymore issues. I just want as many people as possible to find the plugin useful.

I don't have anything setup for donations right now but I will let you know if I ever do set it up.

Just let me know if you have anymore issues. I just want as many people as possible to find the plugin useful.
very useful. will let others know.

Top Bottom