1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained WordPress 3.x (Users Only) to XenForo 1.1

Imports WordPress users and password hases to XenForo

1. Deek

Deek Member

Deek submitted a new resource:

WordPress 3.x (Users Only) to XenForo (version 1.0) - Imports WordPress users and password hases to XenForo

Read more about this resource...

LPH likes this.
  2. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

So you would have to re-run this addon every so often to import new members? Is there a possibility that SSO will be added in the future?

3. Deek

Deek Member

Theoretically you could run this multiple times to import more users but that is not was it was designed for. If you want SSO I believe xfrocks has something and the guy over at xenscripts has a commercial version.

4. faeronsayn

faeronsayn Well-Known Member

Deek, if a user in xenForo already exists with the same name, will the import finish without importing that specific user from Wordpress or will the import it self not go through?

5. faeronsayn

Getting this error when I try to import users

Server Error

Undefined index: manage_categories
    1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in TheCollectiveMind/Importer/WordPress.php at line 543
    2. TheCollectiveMind_Importer_WordPress->_importUser() in TheCollectiveMind/Importer/WordPress.php at line 512
    3. TheCollectiveMind_Importer_WordPress->_importOrMergeUser() in TheCollectiveMind/Importer/WordPress.php at line 310
    4. TheCollectiveMind_Importer_WordPress->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
    5. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
    6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
    7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
    8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home2/phanime/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13

6. Deek

Deek Member

Let me take a look at the code and get back to you.

7. Deek

Deek Member

Does your WordPress have any plugins that describe a role that isn't in the default WordPress install?

8. faeronsayn

Yup, the Members plugin.

9. Deek

Deek Member

I will take a look at the plugin this weekend and have an update to help with the issue.

faeronsayn likes this.
  10. Deek

Deek Member

faeronsayn likes this.
  11. Josh Cavin

Josh Cavin New Member

I am receiving this error when I try to sign in with the imported user.
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method TheCollectiveMind_Authentication_WordPress::crypt_private() in /home/doubleh/public_html/forum/library/TheCollectiveMind/Authentication/class-phpass.php on line 250

12. Deek

Deek Member

What version of XenForo are you trying this with? Was it only that error message or was there a trace with it as well?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  13. Josh Cavin

Josh Cavin New Member

Xenforo 1.1.5

users got imported successfully, just when I try to login, has that error. Thanks for your help :)

14. faeronsayn

I've received these errors as well. I believe it's because of the way passwords are imported. This was fixed my resetting people's passwords but it's quite an inconvenience, since I did it manually.

15. Deek

Deek Member

I will take a look at the issue this evening and get a fix as soon as possible.

faeronsayn likes this.
  16. Deek

Deek Member

While I'm not at my computer that can I check it I have a pretty good feeling of what's happening.

Try replace <root>/library/TheCollectiveMind/Authentication/WordPress.php with this:

https://gist.github.com/deekthesqueak/6084055

and see if it fixes the issue.

17. Josh Cavin

Josh Cavin New Member

That did it! you are awesome!!! Is there anywhere I can donate to your plugin?

18. Deek

Deek Member

I don't have anything setup for donations right now but I will let you know if I ever do set it up.

Just let me know if you have anymore issues. I just want as many people as possible to find the plugin useful.

Josh Cavin likes this.
  19. Josh Cavin

Josh Cavin New Member

very useful. will let others know.

20. Dobrodukh

Dobrodukh Member

It is not clear. Anyway, after export when you try to login fails.

Image 1.png

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013