• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

Well, here is what I want:

XenForo for the forums/discussions.
WP for the content.

I run a debate community so forums are important (hence, XF). But on the new site (I'm moving from vbulletin w/ vbadvanced as the portal), I want content articles created by our members (in areas of philosophy, religion, politics, etc...).

I'm concerned that I may not be able to do this with bridged accounts, but it's something I'm really needing to do. It'd suck to have to have my authors create two accounts for each system.

In as far as submit vs post...are you saying that all members could submit...but only the articles that are approved would be posted (by admins/staff)? That's fine if it works out that way. I don't really need to allow any member to post an article, just be able to submit it in the right section (for approval to be posted I guess).

Well, here is what I want:

XenForo for the forums/discussions.
WP for the content.

I run a debate community so forums are important (hence, XF). But on the new site (I'm moving from vbulletin w/ vbadvanced as the portal), I want content articles created by our members (in areas of philosophy, religion, politics, etc...).

I'm concerned that I may not be able to do this with bridged accounts, but it's something I'm really needing to do. It'd suck to have to have my authors create two accounts for each system.

In as far as submit vs post...are you saying that all members could submit...but only the articles that are approved would be posted (by admins/staff)? That's fine if it works out that way. I don't really need to allow any member to post an article, just be able to submit it in the right section (for approval to be posted I guess).
Yes, you can setup "mapping" so a specified usergroup in XenForo will be mapped with a specified usergroup (Editor or what else) in WordPress. That way you can let people post entry but they will need manual approval.

Is it possible to get this to use the wordpress cookies, as when using this plugin you can use things like W3 Total Cache, as its caching logged in users pages, as it seems them as guests.

Has anyone successfully used this plugin with WP Super Cache? On my installation logged in users are receiving cached pages, even though I've set WP Super Cache to not do so. The xenforo bridge doesn't seem to be adding a wordpress_logged_in_HASH cookie when the user logs in, so WP Super Cache doesn't recognize the user as a logged in user.

Any suggestions?

Dude this mod is pure gold! I was reading here that people had some problems or something, so i was expecting a rough install. I follow the instructions it works straight away. This is great!

We've got this installed over at bulldawgjunction.com and even though the plugin is active and setup, there's no integration between the site and the forums. Are we missing something? Thanks for any help.

Ray

We've got this installed over at bulldawgjunction.com and even though the plugin is active and setup, there's no integration between the site and the forums. Are we missing something? Thanks for any help.
Do you have a test user/pass ?
Can you review your settings ?
Do you have WP Super Cache installed ?

Do you have a test user/pass ?
Can you review your settings ?
Do you have WP Super Cache installed ?

No, but you can create one and try, it is open to all. Yes I can see the settings and no WP Super Cache or anything similar.

Many thanks, we are excited to be using Xenforo from vB! :)

Ray

1st go into your application.php and get your random generated salt string.

So, let's say it is 12349876a122a569

now in your XF config right after the <php, add

$config['globalSalt'] = '12349876a122a569'; changing "12349876a122a569" to your correct string you sound above.

Now go into the bridge panel settings in WP and enter your string in the salt field.

Now in your path field, do your full server path and not just ../forum/ If your using cPanel, your path will be /home/cpanel-username/public_html/forum/

Save and log out of XenForo, both admin and user. Now log out of WP and then delete ALL cookies for your domain.

Now first log into XenForo admin and then log into WP and it should now work for you.
I needed this post. Thank you.

So is this confirmed working with the latest releases of both XenForo and Wordpress? I'm a bit confused as to the status of this plugin.

And I don't mean XF 1.1, I mean the release just before that.

So is this confirmed working with the latest releases of both XenForo and Wordpress? I'm a bit confused as to the status of this plugin.

And I don't mean XF 1.1, I mean the release just before that.

Yes. I just installed it and it's working perfectly. Definitely recommend downloading. It will make your life easier.

It's got a big problems with it though and that's the fact that the wordpress flash uploader stops working and it dosnt use the wordpress cookies so plugins like w3 super cache dosnt work.

Excellent!

Thanks for the reassurance! :)

After reading the post below, I would say proceed with caution if those things are important to you. :P

It's got a big problems with it though and that's the fact that the wordpress flash uploader stops working and it dosnt use the wordpress cookies so plugins like w3 super cache dosnt work.
Ah, well I don't use that stuff anyway. That's probably why I am not having problems lol. Good to know though, thank you.

Yeah, I had that issue when I used the bridge previously. I wish there was some way we could fix the flash uploader. :\

Yeah, I had that issue when I used the bridge previously. I wish there was some way we could fix the flash uploader. :\
I know, if these 2 issues could be sorted, oh and maybe making it so that there is a active sync of users it would be the best mod ever.

Top Bottom