• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

does this use both users and merge them? I have a word press blog with 500+ users I want to import into xenforo so that we can share one user base and they can post on both forum and blog. would this be what I need to make that happen?

I keep running into this error:

Warning: require (public_html/forums/xenforo/library/config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/xenforo/class_core.php on line 46

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/public_html/forums/xenforo/library/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/xenforo/class_core.php on line 46

It's probably something simple but i'm just not sure what to do.

does this use both users and merge them? I have a word press blog with 500+ users I want to import into xenforo so that we can share one user base and they can post on both forum and blog. would this be what I need to make that happen?
The user is only recognized one way: from XenForo to WordPress. Say you have user A in WordPress long time ago. Now you setup XenForo and the bridge, etc. Some random guy register in XenForo with username A, he will gain access to the user A in WordPress :)

I keep running into this error:

Warning: require (public_html/forums/xenforo/library/config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xenforo/class_core.phpon line46

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/public_html/forums/xenforo/library/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xenforo/class_core.phpon line46

It's probably something simple but i'm just not sure what to do.
I think you configured the path wrong

Fair enough, the only problem is when I try and and go into the plugin settings to change it that pops up.
Well, that's quite strange since I checked the path to make sure it's a directory TWICE.
Anyway, you will have to edit the code to be able to access the Dashboard again

Open wordpress-root/wp-content/plugins/xenforo/xenforo.php
Around line 17

PHP:
foreach ($xfFullPaths as $xfFullPath) {
if (is_dir($xfFullPath)) {
define('XENFORO_PATH',$xfFullPath);
break; // thanks God, we found a directory
}
}

Change it to this

PHP:
foreach ($xfFullPaths as $xfFullPath) {
if (is_dir($xfFullPath)) {
// define('XENFORO_PATH',$xfFullPath);
break; // thanks God, we found a directory
}
}

That worked, thanks.

I got the globalsalt working this time around but I can't access wp-admin anymore, it just redirects to the home page.

I would log in on the forums and then go back to my wordpress homepage but it would still be logged out. The wordpress links do not redirect to the forums sign-up either they just take me back to the wordpress home page.

will the plugin even have the option to share the DB so that both forum and wordpress only pulls from 1 DB but you can register on either ?

Thanks for this modification - is there a way to get back to the standard wordpress edit profile page? It sends you straight to the Xenforo one at the moment, which causes issues when it comes to changing wordpress passwords, avatars and bios (avatars and bios are all blank, regardless of what's selected/entered in Xenforo).

Thanks for this modification - is there a way to get back to the standard wordpress edit profile page? It sends you straight to the Xenforo one at the moment, which causes issues when it comes to changing wordpress passwords, avatars and bios (avatars and bios are all blank, regardless of what's selected/entered in Xenforo).

Nevermind, I found that disabling it, changing my options, and re-enabling it allowed me to make the changes I wanted.

However, what's with the inclusion of Widgets that don't work? Do they need updating or something?

Top Bottom