• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

It's possible but I'm not just a fan of duplicated content. Currently you can only promote a thread to WordPress (in the up coming version)
What I'd like to do is when I make an article, the comment system (of wordpress) be shut off and have all comments redirected to a thread for it. In that thread is like a summery of it, linking to the article, and the discussion part of the forum. That way there isn't really duplicate content per-say.

What I'd like to do is when I make an article, the comment system (of wordpress) be shut off and have all comments redirected to a thread for it. In that thread is like a summery of it, linking to the article, and the discussion part of the forum. That way there isn't really duplicate content per-say.
Yeah, that would be the best way to do that.

It's possible but I'm not just a fan of duplicated content. Currently you can only promote a thread to WordPress (in the up coming version)
I wish you would create this feature, it was very useful for some articles to be able to be commented on in the WP article and forum threads.

However, if not then fair enough it's your mod and very good it is too.

Promoting threads to articles will be very useful for converting stuff over to Wordpress (previously we used a forum for holding articles and news) :) Looking forward to that feature!

I wish you would create this feature, it was very useful for some articles to be able to be commented on in the WP article and forum threads.

However, if not then fair enough it's your mod and very good it is too.

Promoting threads to articles will be very useful for converting stuff over to Wordpress (previously we used a forum for holding articles and news) :) Looking forward to that feature!
Thank you. I will have to think about that :D
Btw, I forgot to introduce another feature of the bridge: it supports widgets now. Threads (tabbed with 3 tabs: new, replied and popular). Users and Poll. If you have Proxy enabled, you can cast your vote directly on the widget (via AJAX). That's pretty neat I think :D

Btw, I forgot to introduce another feature of the bridge: it supports widgets now. Threads (tabbed with 3 tabs: new, replied and popular). Users and Poll. If you have Proxy enabled, you can cast your vote directly on the widget (via AJAX). That's pretty neat I think :D
By that do you mean Wordpress widgets that bring in Xenforo content (New posts/Replied to posts/Popular Posts/New Users/Poll).

And yes the poll voting is very neat indeed, good work. Much better than the aging VB/WP bridge.

Oh yes, I was talking about WordPress widgets. They don't need Proxy to work (with the exception of AJAX voting feature)

Does this work in reverse? i.e. if the user is logged into WordPress it automatically logs them into XenFORO?
On mine, when I go to log in it redirects me to Xenforo log in page. Then when I log in, I'm logged into both, and when I log out, I'm logged out of both.

Permissions on?

The vote is permission checked but threads and polls are displayed without permission check. You can exclude forums or specify thread id from WordPress Dashboard though
Yeah...that is what I am wondering. I would have to do a lot because without permissions, some of my forums aren't shown to guests and I'd have to turn them all off. Is it possible to include permissions?

Yeah...that is what I am wondering. I would have to do a lot because without permissions, some of my forums aren't shown to guests and I'd have to turn them all off. Is it possible to include permissions?
It's possible but that requires too much database query so it was dropped. As I said earlier, you can exclude forums. Quick and simple :D

Top Bottom