The forum list is sure getting big, but once you know where everything is it's not really an issue. Still, a split/tabbed forum index page like vb.org makes things much more friendly for new customers I think.
That forum critique area is dangerous. Bad for my health (could forget to eat, not that I couldn't stand to lose the weight dontchaknow), a time hog, a... a... a....
ooooohhhhhhhhhh... I could spend hours in there.
How hard is it to divide one forum into two ?
Harder than it should be ?
(1) Community Moderation
- ask for participation - get people to vote for the forum the post should end up in.
- if all 5 people thought it belonged to presales not general .... it probably is a presales thread.
- if 3 people said presales, 1 was unsure and 1 thought it was a general thread then get Brogan to make the call.
How could you get people to "Vote" ? Make it easy !
Give the person with the most "Votes" that were "correct" a free Xenforo or some other "bonus".
(2) Setup a "Temporary Moderator Lite" category that would give Members the ability to move threads from Presales to General ... but no other privileges.
(3) Send out an alert .... and get the original poster to determine if the thread is presales or general discussion.