[WMTech] Sticky Multiple Account Info

[WMTech] Sticky Multiple Account Info [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($48.00)

wmtech

wmtech submitted a new resource:

[WMTech] Sticky Multiple Account Info - Cross Browser (with Flash Cookies) Multiple Account Detection, Reporting and Information

Description:
Sticky Multiple Account Info uses a sophisticated system to find users, who are using your forum with multiple accounts, notifies you about that fact and keeps record about all multiple account to show that on different places.

The detection engine is unique from everything seen until now at any forum software and was inspired by the ideas of the famous, but very...

Read more about this resource...

looks interesting. Any way to check it out before paying $50 ?

25 GBP are $42 (and not $50).

I am sorry, we plan to have an addon demo site ready this summer (until then we think about how a multiple account detection tool can be tested easily).

Our main business is running forum sites and not software sales and we currently focus on upgrading our sites to XF 1.3. This is also why we are currently packaging some of our many private add-ons for public release. The add-ons have been coded by our own very expierienced staff and some also initiate from paid work done for us by the one or the other well known developer here.

This add-on works exactly as advertised. There are several installations (including at our own sites) where this add-on has done it's work for more than a year now.

May we have an option to ignore certain usergroups? We have an agreement with a third party company to hide certain user identities.

May we have an option to ignore certain usergroups? We have an agreement with a third party company to hide certain user identities.

Since we've don't have a demo site yet, we've taken a lot of time to describe the add-on in all details and also provide a lot of screenshots for it.

As you can see in the description as well as in the screenshots, there are several permissions that can be applied to usergroups and individual users. One of the permissions allows you to ignore users groups and even single user accounts.

And, again, regarding the price: This add-on consists of more than 20 files und almost one thousand code lines. It took several months to code it into its current state. It is really hardly comparable with all the other multiple account detection tools. It is a serious, professional tool for large professional forum sites.

Last edited:
25 GBP are $42 (and not $50).
I'm not in the US. Its $50 of my dollars, thanks. I'm not complaining that its expensive, I just want to make sure it works for what I want before I shell out for 2 forums ($100 :) )

I'm not in the US. Its $50 of my dollars, thanks. I'm not complaining that its expensive, I just want to make sure it works for what I want before I shell out for 2 forums ($100 :) )

It is by far the best option for multiple account detection available. We and our customers are very happy with it. Hopefully someone will review it soon.

Please contact me if you want to buy 2 liccnses, I am sure we can arange something.

I think you'll get more interest if this was $20, which seems more along the lines of what I would pay for this.

Its not like it's not coded and deserved, it's just that I can't see spending $42 for multi-account detection when there are others that are free.

I like where this is going, and what it does, I'm just saying $42, for me isn't what I'm going to spend on a resource that does this. An arcade maybe $42, a style maybe $42, etc.

Sorry I like this, but won't spend $42 unless it does more.

Feature requests:
  • browser fingerprinting
  • option to only give evercookie to banned members.
  • Set automatic staff actions for reports:
    1. merge accounts
    2. send warning
    3. ban accounts
    4. make account discouraged user
    5. disallow registration
    6. ban IP
    7. ban browser fingerprint
    8. give evercookie
    9. remove likes traded between the accounts
    10. assign the report to a moderator
    11. ignore the report
    12. ignore reports about the user forever
  • allow registration for persistent users, but add Tachy to their account and then automatically ban the account after 2 months.

Feature requests:
  • browser fingerprinting
  • option to only give evercookie to banned members.
  • Set automatic staff actions for reports:
    1. merge accounts
    2. send warning
    3. ban accounts
    4. make account discouraged user
    5. disallow registration
    6. ban IP
    7. ban browser fingerprint
    8. give evercookie
    9. remove likes traded between the accounts
    10. assign the report to a moderator
    11. ignore the report
    12. ignore reports about the user forever
  • allow registration for persistent users, but add Tachy to their account and then automatically ban the account after 2 months.

Browser Fingerprinting: Is not really cross browser detection (which is the main intent for this addon). Also uses a real lot of local ressources (you have to store a lot of 'fingerprints"). But the idea is already in the minds of our developers...

Regarding banned mambers: There is a companion addon which does exactly that. Blocking banned users silently with a kind of evercookie. See: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/wmtech-sticky-username-banning.3076/
This will never be included here, because this add-ons purpose is reliable detection of and information about multiple acounts (you can even opt to let the user see his own multiple accounts in his profile page). Kind of: See, we know you have multiple accounts, please take care when posting!

Also this add-on will never do anything automatically (except blocking new registration for member who already own an account and setting all multiple accounts in deactive mode (approval required). Both actions are already available.

So, browser fingerprinting is the only feature that will eventually get added for admins with a lot of server resources.

Most of your mentioned moderation actions are already available if you choose to get reported by abuse report. There are options to ban, delete, ban ip etc in a regular XenForo user abuse report.

Also you already can ignore single users for any time you like (or forever).

Last edited:
The problem with the evercookie approach is that in general valid members do not like this intrusive tracking method and in the EU its not legal. So its easy to get into serious trouble for it. For banned members the evercookie approach is defensible, because the banned member is breaching the ToS.

This is why it would be very useful to be able to give evercookies to banned users, but use other detection methods like fingerprinting, normal cookies, mac address detection by js, IP detection for normal users.

After all users may just use a cleaning software like ccleaner, etc. and get rid of all evercookie methods.

Last edited:
The problem with the evercookie approach is that in general valid members do not like this intrusive tracking method and in the EU its not legal. So its easy to get into serious trouble for it. For banned members the evercookie approach is defensible, because the banned member is breaching the ToS.

This is why it would be very useful to be able to give evercookies to banned users, but use other detection methods like fingerprinting, normal cookies, mac address detection by js, IP detection for normal users.

After all users may just use a cleaning software like ccleaner, etc. and get rid of all evercookie methods.

Our Sticky Ban add-on does exactly that what you say. It only sets a very sticky cookie if the user is banned.

None of our add-ons uses "evercookie' because this library is much too overloaded for what it tries to do. Also it uses all kind of techniques users would be warned about by browsers. You can get the same result with an much lighter approach.

It is not forbidden to set flash cookies (LSO) and also not forbidden to use the various storage techniques the browsers provide (most of them used by this add-on). In some areas you have to ask your users if you use cookies. There is no differentiation between regular http cookies and other storage techniques. And most sites already ask about cookies, because without them not even XenForo would work.

But you are right. There is absolutely no 100% method to detect a user if he hardly tries to stay hidden. If you use the incognito mode in Chrome, for example, nothing will find you. Not even fingerprinting.

But we're not the NSA (or Facebook or Google), we just run forums and need information about trolling users. If you don't even need this (I can fully understand you), this add-on is not for you. And if you need more (100% detection rate) this add-on is also not for you. I now multiple user detection is something some forums can't run without whereas others have no need for it at all.

What if a member used the firefox betterprivacy plugin

and also browsed using the private window

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/

As said above. Private or incognito browsing options are respected and no method can track such people. However, private or incognito browsing is not very comfortable and therefore not used by regular forum members.

This may be an idea for another add-on. Disable access for all visitors using incognito or private browser modes. No, we won't do that. :)

This does sound perfect for me but I tend not to spend so much on an addon unless its totally unique. I have two forums and spent a fortune already on resources, mod conversions and custom mods. The price too steep for me as there are free alternatives doing a similar yet maybe inferior job.

Not having a go at the price that's your decision, but I don't understand why developers sell some addons so expensive. Surly its better to make 20 sales @ $20 than about 5 sales at $42.

The real price of xenforo is pretty expensive. Although the software is relatively cheap, most addons are paid + like many who have transfered from VB have paid for mods converting. I dread to think how much my 2 forums have actually cost me with addons.

I know you say a lot of work has gone into this mod and I don't doubt it. But if I have read correctly then that work has been paid for already as its been working for over a year. So surly any other sale is a bonus.

This does sound perfect for me but I tend not to spend so much on an addon unless its totally unique. I have two forums and spent a fortune already on resources, mod conversions and custom mods. The price too steep for me as there are free alternatives doing a similar yet maybe inferior job.

Not having a go at the price that's your decision, but I don't understand why developers sell some addons so expensive. Surly its better to make 20 sales @ $20 than about 5 sales at $42.

The real price of xenforo is pretty expensive. Although the software is relatively cheap, most addons are paid + like many who have transfered from VB have paid for mods converting. I dread to think how much my 2 forums have actually cost me with addons.

I know you say a lot of work has gone into this mod and I don't doubt it. But if I have read correctly then that work has been paid for already as its been working for over a year. So surly any other sale is a bonus.

I don't know why I have to talk about the price again and again...

All our add-ons are priced strictly after the amount of code involved. If this add-on has about 10 times as much code compared to other multiple account detection tools, it will cost more. We've no interest in creating a cheap add-on just because it will be more affordable. It would cost only about $5 if it would work just like the other tools and and set and check a http cookie only.

Again, we're not a software sales company. We run forums since almost 20 years now. Pretty large ones too.

Our add-ons are coded for our own purposes and we package them because we think someone may have interest in them. If you like to buy it, do it. If not, don't do it. But please do not rant about the price. It won't go down.

You are right in your point that running XenForo is sometimes expensive. But please open another thread to rant about that. Thanks.

Look like an interesting addon. I'd be interested at $15-20 but at $42 it's out of my range for the function
I agree that.

So if you modify your price the 20$, 2 person ready for buy 40$ :) However i m sure, you will sell it more if you modify the price.
For now, too expensive for this property

Top Bottom