[WMTech] Sticky Multiple Account Info

[WMTech] Sticky Multiple Account Info [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($48.00)
I am keen on this add-on @wmtech what are the detection rates for mobile users?
Will it work for mobile users as well as it does for PC users?
Regards

As already answered at our site, the add-on makes no difference between mobile and desktop users. So the detection rate will be the same.

This add-on has compatibility issues with the way it is designed.

In WMTech_StickyMultipleAccountInfo_ControllerAdmin_User, you override the _getUserModel() method to change the model from XenForo_Model_User to WMTech_StickyMultipleAccountInfo_Model_User. And in WMTech_StickyMultipleAccountInfo_Model_User you directly extend XenForo_Model_User rather than going through the Class Proxy System. This removes the ability for any add-on (one I wrote) from extending the User Model and expecting it to work in the ACP (which is important for items such as extending user searches).

This add-on has compatibility issues with the way it is designed.

In WMTech_StickyMultipleAccountInfo_ControllerAdmin_User, you override the _getUserModel() method to change the model from XenForo_Model_User to WMTech_StickyMultipleAccountInfo_Model_User.

You are right. This method should have been named differently and not override the default.

Thanks for reporting! An update will follow within hours.

Last edited:
wmtech updated [WMTech] Sticky Multiple Account Info with a new update entry:

v1.1.4: Bugfix, Code Optimization & Small New Feature Release

> Version 1.1.4 <
Bugfix, Code Optimization & Small New Feature Release

This upgrade is recommended for all customers. Sorry for the short period from the last update!

Changelog:

NEW: Handling of Exemptions on Member Profile Now Returns To Multiple Account Info Tab
BUGFIX: Changed Model Call Handling To Enhance Support For Other Add-Ons

Upgrade Instructions:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is it possible that this could issues with liking content, when you remove a member? So say for example, I loginto a users' account under their permission to diagnose something, and then months later that member asks to be removed.
The system already recognises me as an admin and user x.
So when I like content then, it will show as two deleted users like this post etc?
As I have a huge glitch going on right now and am trying to figure what/where and why..

Perhaps add a feature where it displays the detection method? The reason why I like this addon that it doesn't only rely on IP's like the default XF system. That's why displaying the detection method could be much more useful :)

Is it possible that this could issues with liking content, when you remove a member? So say for example, I loginto a users' account under their permission to diagnose something, and then months later that member asks to be removed.
The system already recognises me as an admin and user x.
So when I like content then, it will show as two deleted users like this post etc?
As I have a huge glitch going on right now and am trying to figure what/where and why..

There are no issues with liking content caused by this add-on.

We do however not recommend to use this add-on in combination with any add-on allowing the admin to be logged in as another user. Our add-on will detect a multiple account if this happens.

If you delete a user from a multiple users account set with 2 accounts, the add-on will simply remove the user with XenForos default deletion process and delete the multiple account set to leave the other user as a regular non multiple account in your system.

Perhaps add a feature where it displays the detection method? The reason why I like this addon that it doesn't only rely on IP's like the default XF system. That's why displaying the detection method could be much more useful :)

We can't see any advantages in reporting the detection method (other than informational purposes). Since the detection is done in the browser, we sometimes even don't know what method triggered the detection.

This add-on don't even care about the IP of users. This is no reliable detection method.

In regards to your license check: https://wmtech.net/threads/add-on-online-license-check-process-information.29/
I appreciate the openness in explaining exactly what it does. There is one thing that I am worried about: what happens if the license check fails because my server blocks such calls or your site disappears one day?

Our server or site is not involved with the license check page at your site. So it would not matter at all, if it ever goes offline.

If the license check page is not accessible at your site it would be a breach of our license terms and may result in further actions. Our server checks the sites of all issued licenses regularly. It raises a flag if it is not available or shows wrong data. We also search Google for pirated versions of our add-ons which do not show the license check page.

I have bought this addon and am testing it. I am encountering an issue:
  1. Two accounts were used from the same computer and the script correctly detected the match.
  2. As the setting 'Moderate All Multiple Accounts?' is active, it correctly changed the status of both accounts to moderated.
  3. Then I exempted both accounts but the accounts were still unusable.
  4. I changed the account status back to valid, but the accounts were still unusable.
Do you have any suggestions how to resolve?

I have bought this addon and am testing it. I am encountering an issue:
  1. Two accounts were used from the same computer and the script correctly detected the match.
  2. As the setting 'Moderate All Multiple Accounts?' is active, it correctly changed the status of both accounts to moderated.
  3. Then I exempted both accounts but the accounts were still unusable.
  4. I changed the account status back to valid, but the accounts were still unusable.
Do you have any suggestions how to resolve?

What do you mean with "still unusable"?

The add-on does not do anything with accounts except changing their status when detected. So, if you set it back to "valid" (or re-approve the account in your ACP) the account can be used as normal again. You do not even need to exempt it.

If you need further help, we are here to support you. Please open a ticket at https://wmtech.net/ with account/login details and we can look what may went wrong at your site.

Boss so im using this addon and then i made it so multi accounts gets posted in one of my nodes which is password protected node by liam and soon as it posts in there I get this error:

Error Info
XenForo_Exception: The session has been saved and is now read-only. - library/XenForo/Session.php:660
Generated By: ADMIN, Today at 5:07 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/LiamW/PasswordProtectedNodes/Helper/ProtectedNodes.php(31): XenForo_Session->set('passwordProtect...', Array)
#1 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/LiamW/PasswordProtectedNodes/Extend/Model/Thread.php(17): LiamW_PasswordProtectedNodes_Helper_ProtectedNodes::isAuthenticatedForNode(8)
#2 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/EWRporta2/Widget/Threads.php(42): LiamW_PasswordProtectedNodes_Extend_Model_Thread->canViewThreadAndContainer(Array, Array, NULL, Array)
#3 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/EWRporta2/Model/Widlinks.php(248): EWRporta2_Widget_Threads->getUncachedData(Array, Array)
#4 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/EWRporta2/ViewPublic/Global.php(81): EWRporta2_Model_Widlinks->getWidlinkParams(Array)
#5 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(220): EWRporta2_ViewPublic_Global->prepareParams()
#6 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta2_ViewP...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta2_Artic...')
#7 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(605): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('EWRporta2_ViewP...', Array, 'EWRporta2_Artic...', NULL)
#8 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#9 /home/whatsgoo/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(20) "http://whatsgood.us/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Boss so im using this addon and then i made it so multi accounts gets posted in one of my nodes which is password protected node by liam and soon as it posts in there I get this error:

There seems to be a conflict between those 2 add-ons. We recommend to not password protect the node (with this other add-on) where our add-on posts notices. It is sufficient to set this node as "private", which is a standard XF feature.

There seems to be a conflict between those 2 add-ons. We recommend to not password protect the node (with this other add-on) where our add-on posts notices. It is sufficient to set this node as "private", which is a standard XF feature.

Well I like the fact that peple click on it and it asks them for a password and they start to get courious and i reward them with passwords after they post alot. Its like a motivational thing.

Well I like the fact that peple click on it and it asks them for a password and they start to get courious and i reward them with passwords after they post alot. Its like a motivational thing.

I laughed pretty hard, your avatar fits you very well.

Top Bottom