[WMTech] Sticky Multiple Account Info

[WMTech] Sticky Multiple Account Info [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($48.00)
Well I like the fact that peple click on it and it asks them for a password and they start to get courious and i reward them with passwords after they post alot. Its like a motivational thing.

No problem to do that. Just not with the node where our add-on is reporting it's detections. You also can deactivate the reporting to a forum node in our add-on. It is not necassary, because the multiple accounts are recorded and presented with the user data any way.

How will this work with Firefox's planned use of containers?

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...containers-for-separate-online-identities.htm

With Containers, users can log in to two separate Facebook accounts at the same time, for instance, without having to open another browser or launch a desktop application. With Firefox Nightly version 50, you can simply open the File menu, select "New Container Tab" and choose between Work, Personal, Shopping and Banking options.

Moreover, each of these Containers collects its own separate set of cookies, and each time you switch to another online identity you also switch cookies so that the websites you accessed on one Container can't track you around the Web.

How will this work with Firefox's planned use of containers?

We can take a look at this and try to handle it once we see this feature in reality.

But again, this add-on does not guarantee to be able to detect all multiple accounts in all cases. There are and will be ways to overcome this add-ons abilites.

The next version will add an admin switch to disable Flash detection. Because many people don't like Flash at their web sites any more. The integrated other methods (incl. HTML5) are more than sufficient to detect multiple users.

Also we are working at an additional detector based at WebGL. However no ETA when it will be published.

This addon displays an empty profile tab for members who do not have any multiple accounts. Its default XenForo behavior to not display content holders if there is nothing to display.

Please fix this.

This addon displays an empty profile tab for members who do not have any multiple accounts. Its default XenForo behavior to not display content holders if there is nothing to display.

Please fix this.

You're right! I'll add this to the suggestions for this add-on at our site.

It would be very useful to have functionality in the Report Center and on profile tab to merge accounts.
Preferably with the function to warn.

It would be immensely helpful to have a function to merge account & warn. I would sponsor this function.

I have a multiple accounts report of two permanently banned spammers. Both were caught by the spam cleaner and are never coming back. So it seems that I will have this duplicate account group listed in my admincp forever? And this list of permanent duplicate account groups will grow over time?
Is this supposed to happen or is this a bug?

It would be immensely helpful to have a function to merge account & warn. I would sponsor this function.

As it is not possible to rule out a legitimate use of the same computer for more than 1 account (e.g. a household with several people using the same PC) we would not recommend to use such a feature. Because merged accounts cannot be unmerged easily.

On the other side there are already features to confirm legitimate uses of the same computer for certain accounts and protect them from detection.

I have a multiple accounts report of two permanently banned spammers. Both were caught by the spam cleaner and are never coming back. So it seems that I will have this duplicate account group listed in my admincp forever? And this list of permanent duplicate account groups will grow over time?
Is this supposed to happen or is this a bug?

If you do not delete the accounts, the report will stay there until the "Retention Time" you set in this products options has passed without a new activity of the account. You can get rid of the listing immediately if you "Exempt" one of the accounts from detection with the other account or if you delete one of the accounts.

Thanks for the information.
As it is not possible to rule out a legitimate use of the same computer for more than 1 account
This is possible to rule out, by comparing the data of the accounts. (name, email, DoB, fields, posts) In by far most cases its easy to spot once everything is looked at. It could even be done by an algorithm. (which would save a lot of work)

Once a duplicate account is found the staff member needs to compare accounts to find out if the accounts belong to the same person or not. It would be nice if the addon would calculate similarity between the accounts. i.e. 'similarity of accounts is a 91% match'.

No, this is currently not a feature of this add-on. But it is a good idea, you may add it to our suggestions forum.
If you do add this feature, can you make it an option to only add it for the new users, and not the previous one?

I've had my eye on the add-on, but that functionality is something I need for a project.

This is possible to rule out, by comparing the data of the accounts. (name, email, DoB, fields, posts) In by far most cases its easy to spot once everything is looked at. It could even be done by an algorithm. (which would save a lot of work)

Once a duplicate account is found the staff member needs to compare accounts to find out if the accounts belong to the same person or not. It would be nice if the addon would calculate similarity between the accounts. i.e. 'similarity of accounts is a 91% match'.

I think this is not something that can be done generally for this add-on. Such a "feature" depends strongly on the individual settings and add-ons of a XenForo installation. This could only be done with a customized extension for this add-on.

Top Bottom