1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WMTech] External Link Interstitial 1.0.4

Show An Interstitial Page if Someone Leaves Your Ssite

1. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

wmtech submitted a new resource:

External Link Interstitial - Show an interstitial page if someone leaves your site

Read more about this resource...

Null likes this.
  2. Null

Null Well-Known Member

I was just about to go looking for an add-on like this, well done; the implementation is nice and simple :).

One thing I was looking for, though; was the ability for users to either turn it off (via an option) or for the ability for it to be turned off for a certain user group, it would be great for a newbies on a forum, but would maybe become tedious after a while?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  3. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

May I ask, no admin settings/option for this?
    Great work (y)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  4. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Getting this error clicking on a link:

Zend_Controller_Response_Exception: Cannot send headers; headers already sent in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/ProxyOutput.php, line 327 - library/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php:321
    Oluşturan: user, Az önce

PHP:
    #0 /home/user/public_html/library/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php(115): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->canSendHeaders(true)
    #1 /home/user/public_html/library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/ProxyOutput.php(93): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->setHeader('Content-type', 'image/png', true)
    #2 /home/user/public_html/library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/ProxyOutput.php(38): Waindigo_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_ProxyOutput->_outputThumbnail(false)
    #3 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/ProxyOutput.php(341): Waindigo_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_ProxyOutput->output()
    #4 /home/user/public_html/proxy.php(12): XenForo_ProxyOutput::run()
    #5 {main}

array(3) {
      [
    "url"] => string(141"http://www.site.net/proxy.php?link=http%3A%2F%2site.com%2Fsub%2Fm%2F39656%2FCheap-Thrills.html&hash=52e59b3fbb6b479e51c071d9467d1768"

["_GET"] => array(2) {
      [
    "link"] => string(52"http://site.com/sub/m/39656/Cheap-Thrills.html"

["hash"] => string(32"52e59b3fbb6b479e51c071d9467d1768"

}
      [
    "_POST"] => array(0) {
      }
    }

5. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

Seems to be a problem with Waindigo Thumbnails Add-on, according to the error messages…

6. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

@yavuz - Your error seems not to be related with our add-on.

I also see no possibility for the error to be introduced by this add-on, because it is basically just a one-liner, changes just a single variable to force XenForo to show the interstitial and does not output anything itself.

Try to deactivate Waindigo Thumbnails as a test and see if your situation changes.

yavuz likes this.
  7. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

8. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Does this work with 1.2? I assume not.

9. RoldanLT

Yes it will not work in 1.2

10. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

No, 1.3 only. Because link proxy is a new feature in 1.3.

11. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

Could someone please help me understand how
    is an advantage?

12. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

This is an advantage in some countries with certain legal regulations for sites with user generated content.
    Usually you don't need this.

13. doublespaces

doublespaces Member

I'm getting an error with proxy.php. Is there something I have to do to enable the link proxy or is this a server issue?

14. RoldanLT

• Go to yourforumurl/admin.php?options/list/messageOptions
    • Image and Link Proxy
    • Enable "Proxy Links"

15. doublespaces

doublespaces Member

Thank you for the reply. However when I do that, thats when the error starts happening.

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /proxy.php on this server.

I have CHMOD proxy.php to 777 as well and same thing.

16. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

You do not have to change anything with any files in your XF installation. Just activate the link proxy setting in XF ACP.

Also, this add-on only works with XF 1.3 and above (as it is stated in it's description).

17. doublespaces

doublespaces Member

That's what I did originally. I keep getting that forbidden proxy error. I have 1.3.3

18. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

Be sure to upload the files of this add-on correctly and reupload them if necessary.

19. doublespaces

doublespaces Member

I will upload again. Thanks for the reply.

20. RAHSTYLES

RAHSTYLES Active Member

Okay heres the thing i dont get... I understand that.. you need to upload the upload file.. But what do i do with the 2 ds store files? I have no idea what that is.. and i have no idea if im supposed to upload that somewhere.. can sombody please tell me?