• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
[WMTech] External Link Interstitial

[WMTech] External Link Interstitial 1.0.4

No permission to download

wmtech

wmtech submitted a new resource:

External Link Interstitial - Show an interstitial page if someone leaves your site

Description:
External Link Interstitial is a very small add-on which activates the built-in interstitial screen in XenForo 1.3 to be shown at all external links if you've enabled link proxy.

This has 2 Advantages:
1) Your visitor gets a message that she/he now leaves your site.
2) The referer-log of the target URL does not refer to the actual page with the link at your site any more.

By default the XenForo built-in redirect screen is only shown if an error occurs...
Read more about this resource...

Null

I was just about to go looking for an add-on like this, well done; the implementation is nice and simple :).

One thing I was looking for, though; was the ability for users to either turn it off (via an option) or for the ability for it to be turned off for a certain user group, it would be great for a newbies on a forum, but would maybe become tedious after a while?

Last edited:

yavuz

Getting this error clicking on a link:

Zend_Controller_Response_Exception: Cannot send headers; headers already sent in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/ProxyOutput.php, line 327 - library/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php:321
Oluşturan: user, Az önce

PHP:
#0 /home/user/public_html/library/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php(115): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->canSendHeaders(true)
#1 /home/user/public_html/library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/ProxyOutput.php(93): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->setHeader('Content-type', 'image/png', true)
#2 /home/user/public_html/library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/ProxyOutput.php(38): Waindigo_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_ProxyOutput->_outputThumbnail(false)
#3 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/ProxyOutput.php(341): Waindigo_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_ProxyOutput->output()
#4 /home/user/public_html/proxy.php(12): XenForo_ProxyOutput::run()
#5 {main}

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(141) "http://www.site.net/proxy.php?link=http%3A%2F%2site.com%2Fsub%2Fm%2F39656%2FCheap-Thrills.html&hash=52e59b3fbb6b479e51c071d9467d1768"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
  ["link"] => string(52) "http://site.com/sub/m/39656/Cheap-Thrills.html"
  ["hash"] => string(32) "52e59b3fbb6b479e51c071d9467d1768"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

wmtech

@yavuz - Your error seems not to be related with our add-on.

I also see no possibility for the error to be introduced by this add-on, because it is basically just a one-liner, changes just a single variable to force XenForo to show the interstitial and does not output anything itself.

Try to deactivate Waindigo Thumbnails as a test and see if your situation changes.

• Go to yourforumurl/admin.php?options/list/messageOptions
  • Image and Link Proxy
  • Enable "Proxy Links"
Thank you for the reply. However when I do that, thats when the error starts happening.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /proxy.php on this server.

I have CHMOD proxy.php to 777 as well and same thing.

wmtech

You do not have to change anything with any files in your XF installation. Just activate the link proxy setting in XF ACP.

Also, this add-on only works with XF 1.3 and above (as it is stated in it's description).

You do not have to change anything with any files in your XF installation. Just activate the link proxy setting in XF ACP.

Also, this add-on only works with XF 1.3 and above (as it is stated in it's description).
That's what I did originally. I keep getting that forbidden proxy error. I have 1.3.3

RAHSTYLES

Okay heres the thing i dont get... I understand that.. you need to upload the upload file.. But what do i do with the 2 ds store files? I have no idea what that is.. and i have no idea if im supposed to upload that somewhere.. can sombody please tell me?