[WMTech] Double Post Merge

[WMTech] Double Post Merge 1.3.1

No permission to download
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
But, unfortunately, I am not. The plugin was downloadable through XenForo Resources and now it's moved to an external server, where registration using reCaptcha is not working, so not possible to download the upgraded file.

I think the best solution would be to use the contact form at that very server and tell them about it or ask for help? There is nothing anybody can do here to help you.

I also just tried to sign up right now and could get past the default Xenforo captcha without problems.

Oh, I understand your post now.

Please feel free to start a Support Ticket at our site and ask for manual registration if you have problems with the registration form. We'll get you registered quickly!

Why do you need the full name of a person to register on your site?

Sorry, we take the license and download process seriously. The requirement to get a license for any of our add-ons (be it free or not) is as follows:
  • Your real >full< name
    (asked at registration, it is not sufficient to enter e.g. "Smith Smith" to override our validator)
  • Your e-mail address (asked at registration)
  • Your country of location (asked at registration)
  • The confirmation of a valid XenForo license (asked before download)
  • The url of the web site you install our add-on (asked before download)
  • The agreement to the license terms (asked before download)
If you do not provide all of the requested information, your registration and/or download will be denied. If you think this is an error or an mistake (which we understand may happen), feel free to open a support ticket at our support web site https://wmtech.net/ and request the manual creation of an account. This is unfortunatelly (see here) also the standard registration procedure for people living in certain countries.

We know this makes it harder for valid customer compared to just click at "Download" above, but we felt we needed to protect our ip a lot more like we did in the past. Our add-ons are the result of hard and professional work and very valuable (even if we license some without charge) to us. We need to know a minimum of data about the people to whom we license them. And I think the information above is not to much asked.

Why do you need the full name of a person to register on your site?

We need to know to whom we license our software.
We do offer free licenses for some of our products, but we don't offer anonymous licenses any more.

Any personal information given to us is and will stay private.

I was about to register, but when I saw it requires full name for no valid reasons, I gave up. Why don't you implement a link to validate your license instead?

I was about to register, but when I saw it requires full name for no valid reasons, I gave up. Why don't you implement a link to validate your license instead?

If you read the 2 posts above your post, you can get more information about the registration process and requirements to get a license for our add-ons.

We think it is a valid reason to require your full name and location if you want us to license code we own to run at your server. If you don't trust us to give us your name and location (which will stay private), you should also not trust our code to be run at your server. There is no reason for either of that.

We do offer free licenses for some of our products, but we don't offer anonymous licenses any more.

I´ve been online pretty much daily for more than 20 years and my power company/insurance company and my online bank are pretty much the only places I have registerered to with my own name.

Sorry to say but the decision you have made counts so many of us out from using your addons for good.

@vmtech, I've read it, and that's why I'm saying there is no valid reason to ask such personal information. This is not useful, and won't help against piracy or whatever. If purpose is really to prevent piracy, then you could do like some forums where you need to validate your license before be able to download something. We give already too much personal information nowadays. Just by principle.

Sorry to say but the decision you have made counts so many of us out from using your addons for good.
I've read it, and that's why I'm saying there is no valid reason to ask such personal information.

We are fully aware that our license process will reduce the amount of add-ons we license (paid and free).
We are also fully aware that our process is unusual (code is usually unfortunatelly not seen much worth because it can be easily downloaded), but we think it will get more common soon.

You have to be aware that it is our code you want to use at your site and get licensed from us. This is why you have to trust us as well as we have to trust you. If one of both sides don't trust the other one, there simply can't be a license agreement. You know our company name and address (and the name of the coder of each add-on can be seen in the code) and we need to know your name (or company name, if applicable) and country of location for the license agreement.

Also it is not our main job to distribute and sell add-ons. Our main job is to run forums and we do offer add-ons we code and use at our sites to be licensed to help other XenForo admins. This is also why the quality and usability of our add-ons is generally very high. You won't see frequent updates for bug fixes or missing features.

That said, it is up to you if you want to accept our license agreement or not. We've no bad feelings if you back away from it.

I still fail to understand how such data is useful, as anyone can enter anything, you have no way to check validity and this is not going to stop malicious people anyway. This sounds like an arbitrary process and feels like completely unnecessary. And I would say that asking such data when it's not needed makes your company kind of suspicious. At matter of trust, that's likely not the best way to do things.
I guess I will keep my old version and hoping it doesn't break my forum and unfortunately will add your "company" on my blacklist looking how you care about your customers. No bad feeling too, the explanations just did convinced me at all.

No bad feeling too, the explanations just did convinced me at all.

We are very sorry about that.
However our licensing process is and will stay non-anonymous (similar to the XenForo license process). We require the full name of the individual or company using our code and the country of location as well as the XenForo site url to issue a license.

If someone fakes into a registration at our site a license will be revoked and the account deleted as soon as we detect the faked data.

@wmtech ,

I love several of your add on, included Sticky Multiple accounts. They are very helpful. But this add on does not works in my forum. Please see in this link: https://soehoe.com/like-ea-westernpips.t146/page-21#post-5210

img

This is the result:
img

Please help! Thanks :)

@SoeHoe
This seems like the same post stored twice by XenForo. There are some rare cases where XenForo stores the same post twice, even if submitted only one time. Since the post was submitted only once, our add-on cannot intervene.

You may try to install and use the following add-on from sonnb, which helps in such rare cases:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/sonnb-prevent-double-post.827/

This add-on can be installed beside ours without problems and helps to prevent duplicate posts.

There is a problem.
The admins are one group and the registered users too. The admins are not part of the registered usergroup.

So the settings for your addon are set like this:
  • Registered users: Allow double posts (=not merging) after 30 minutes and display double-posted ones after 30 minutes
  • Admins: Allow double posts (=not merging) after 1 minute (I'd like to disable it but doesn't work too) and display double-posted ones after 1 minutes
However also posts from admins are merged even after 1 minute after posting the previous post. Basically I just want to disable this feature for admins.

Doesn't this have to do with the original issue that permissions are dependent? Meaning, if your registered group =30 and admin =1 then the result is =30. That's how permissions work. This addon works opposite of that in our heads but that doens't work in XF, so you have to use the workaround

Okay, thanks for the link. (I will have a look at the workaround) This depended permissions are really not that nice and it seems they are even depended if the admins are not part of the registered users group.
Maybe it would be better to have a "not set" as it's done in other permission to indicate that they should be depended and if a value is set this should override other values.

Top Bottom