wmtech updated [WMTech] Double Post Merge with a new update entry:

v1.3.0: New permission system, Compatibility Enhancements, Minor bugfix

>Version 1.3.0<
  • Compatibility with "Live Thread by sonnb"
  • Compatibility with a new unreleased WMTech add-on
  • Completely revamped and improved permission system
  • Added option for changing the permission reference
  • Changed file path location of the add-on
This is an important update. We recommend everyone using this add-on to upgrade.

Important notes for upgrades from versions up to 1.2.0 to versions 1.3.0 or higher only:
  • Make a backup of all your...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I am really hardly stopping myself from giving one star to the latest version. It does not work out of the box and it comlicated as hell.

//Sorted out. Default settings does not merge where it should be on by default. What is the point of installing the addon if I am going to disable it by default. Geeeeeez!

Hi,

The download is using external website. I registered and I was rejected by the admin with the reason I am not meet the membership requirement and my account has been removed. I verified my domain and token from xenforo. It's confuse me what is the requirement ?

Please advise me.

efault settings does not merge where it should be on by default. What is the point of installing the addon if I am going to disable it by default. Geeeeeez!

The add-on is disabled by default after a new installation. It was always like this, because we cannot simply asume how many minutes you want to merge posts for any of your usergroups. Voting with 1 star because of this, can only be a bad joke (and we would have requested the removal of it). :confused:

If you upgrade the add-on from a former version (and you've setup your permissons in the former version), all permission settings are automatically recalculated to the new values and the add-on just continues to work with your former settings. But you can delete all the secondary user groups you had to create just for the permissions in prior versions of this add-on and setup your merge time in the regular user groups, as this will work now.

If you find the little calculation you have to do now more complicated ("as hell") compared to the setup of a new usergroup for each different permission in former versions of this add.on, this is up to you. We find it more convenient not to have to create a lot of additional user groups.

If you do not know what I am talking about, please read this information about why the permissions have been changed and why we had to do it a little bit more complicated than we would have liked (however we asume any XenForo admin is able to subtract from 1500, it is even allowed to use a calculator ;) ):
https://wmtech.net/threads/wmtech-double-post-merge-new-permission-settings-manual.53/

Last edited:
The download is using external website. I registered and I was rejected by the admin with the reason I am not meet the membership requirement and my account has been removed. I verified my domain and token from xenforo. It's confuse me what is the requirement ?

Sorry, we take the license and download process seriously. The requirement to get a license for any of our add-ons (be it free or not) is as follows:
  • Your real >full< name
    (asked at registration, it is not sufficient to enter e.g. "Smith Smith" to override our validator)
  • Your e-mail address (asked at registration)
  • Your country of location (asked at registration)
  • The confirmation of a valid XenForo license (asked before download)
  • The url of the web site you install our add-on (asked before download)
  • The agreement to the license terms (asked before download)
If you do not provide all of the requested information, your registration and/or download will be denied. If you think this is an error or an mistake (which we understand may happen), feel free to open a support ticket at our support web site https://wmtech.net/ and request the manual creation of an account. This is unfortunatelly (see here) also the standard registration procedure for people living in certain countries.

We know this makes it harder for valid customer compared to just click at "Download" above, but we felt we needed to protect our ip a lot more like we did in the past. Our add-ons are the result of hard and professional work and very valuable (even if we license some without charge) to us. We need to know a minimum of data about the people to whom we license them. And I think the information above is not to much asked.

On your article here: https://wmtech.net/threads/wmtech-double-post-merge-new-permission-settings-manual.53/
I think something is wrong.
Some examples for valid settings:

You like to set 30 minutes as the Merge Time or Thread Bump Limit:
  • Subtracting 15 from 1500 results in 1485.
    Insert 1485 as the value for the limit.

It should be:

You like to set 30 minutes as the Merge Time or Thread Bump Limit:
  • Subtracting 30 from 1500 results in 1470.
    Insert 1470 as the value for the limit.

Right?

Sorry for the mistake after copy&paste. Thanks for reporting, already corrected.

The correct version is:

You like to set 15 minutes as the Merge Time or Thread Bump Limit:
  • Subtracting 15 from 1500 results in 1485.
    Insert 1485 as the value for the limit.

But your example is also valid, it is not really complicated. ;)

We already suggested to XenForo to allow negative permission integer values. This would make such cases (where smaller values have to trump larger values) much easier to handle..

Reactions: rdn
Version 1.3.X

ok so since every one has the user group Registered on My forums..

so say a moderator had 0 set for both would that trump the default user group settings?

if so that will make things difficult for me

because all our perms are built upon layers as the registered group with all the basic perms and moderator group with exclusive perms then the next group admin group with both mod + admin perms and so on...

now i want all staff to be using the same values as the registered group.. now do i have to replicate all those user groups with the ones of the registered user group? or do i leave all the other groups at 0?

now my groups go from 0, 1, 2 and so on the biggest number is on top for the styling order...

now does the perm system wit this add one follow the same order if the user group style order is higher then the previous it uses the perms of the higher one then the lower? <-- same question as above but simplified..

EG:
Primary user group has 6 min for Merge & 8 min for bump = style order 0

Moderator user groups & some other staff groups are set to 0 as i want them to use the Primary user group values = style order 3, 4 and so on

VIP members have a lower style order then staff but they have a value of 0 for bump & a value of 1500 for merge = never merge

now if staff had VIP i would assume they would use the ones of the VIP values?

if not they would use the registered values?

is setting 0 the correct way of doing it as explained in the example?

Last edited:
ok so since every one has the user group Registered on My forums..

so say a moderator had 0 set for both would that trump the default user group settings?

if so that will make things difficult for me

because all our perms are built upon layers as the registered group with all the basic perms and moderator group with exclusive perms then the next group admin group with both mod + admin perms and so on...

now i want all staff to be using the same values as the registered group.. now do i have to replicate all those user groups with the ones of the registered user group? or do i leave all the other groups at 0?

now my groups go from 0, 1, 2 and so on the biggest number is on top for the styling order...

now does the perm system wit this add one follow the same order if the user group style order is higher then the previous it uses the perms of the higher one then the lower? <-- same question as above but simplified..

EG:
Primary user group has 6 min for Merge & 8 min for bump = style order 0

Moderator user groups & some other staff groups are set to 0 as i want them to use the Primary user group values = style order 3, 4 and so on

VIP members have a lower style order then staff but they have a value of 0 for bump & a value of 1500 for merge = never merge

now if staff had VIP i would assume they would use the ones of the VIP values?

if not they would use the registered values?

is setting 0 the correct way of doing it as explained in the example?

This add-on works like you need it to work, if the permissions are set correctly.

There was an important change in the permission system in version 1.3.0. Since you did not refer to which version you run, I unfortunatelly cannot answer your question.

Just as a guidance:
If you do not have the latest version installed (1.3.0), you need to setup secondary user groups for the permissions (see the instructions included in the downloaded package). But we recommend to upgrade to the most recent version where this is no longer needed.

From 1.3.0 up setting "0" means "always merge".
Prior to version 1.3.0 this meant "never merge".

See the description of the permissions at our website:
https://wmtech.net/threads/wmtech-double-post-merge-new-permission-settings-manual.53/

Please open a ticket at our web site if you have any further questions and are a licensed user. If you have not licensed this add-on from us, you can direct all your questions into our pre sales forum at http://wmtech.net/.

i have read your Doc's but you didn't fully explain it how each level overrides which group.

be default if the value is 0 for any permission on a higher level it will use the values of the Primary user group or the ones set before it.

and yes i am referring to 1.3.0 version

from what i read from ur documentation i got the impression that high level user groups override the primary or lower user group values.

so if the primary user group had a value set and the higher user group applied to a user who has a value set as 0, i assumed that the higher user group would of overridden the value set of the Primary/Lower user group.

meaning i would of had to go to all the user groups to set the same values as the Primary/Lower user group had thus duplicating the values and work effort.

so what i explained earlier with the examples

EG:

4 User groups

1 = Registered

2 = VIP

3 = Moderator

4 = Admin

Registered has 6 min set

VIP has no limit so merging never happens

Moderator has no value set = Defaults to 0 (i assume moderator uses the value of Registered then the value set to the moderator user group)

Admin Has No Value set = Defaults to 0 (Same as Mod)

So to place it in Simple Yes & No Terms

0 always gets overwritten by a Lower or higher user group Yes?

and if i wanted to always merge i would have it set to Unlimited Yes? (not a value)

i Ran a test with my testing account..

my testing account had the user group Registered as Primary which defaulted to the 6 min Rule..

when i applied the Test group to it which had the value of 0 = always merge. it did not work i waited for 6 min before i made my next post and it did not follow the rule that was set by the user group called Test.

which was the intended outcome as it followed the Primary User group Rules.

when i set the VIP group which had the value of 1500 = never merge.

each post i made was never merged.

now since you said that 0 always merges i assume this is a bug or 0 gets overwritten if there is a higher value set then 0 in the lower or higher group. which you failed to clearly explain in the manual...

Last edited:
Your mistake is to believe "0" is the default of any permissions of this add-on. In fact it is "unlimited", which translates to "never merge".

If you set any user group to "0" (like you seem to do) this usergroup will always merge.

The default value for all groups is "unlimited", which means "Never Merge".
If you set the value to "0" in your VIP or admin/mod user group (which is NOT the default in version 1.3.0) they will always merge.

It helps not to think in "higher" or "lower" values. This just will confuse you. Just follow the instructions and it will work. Set all user groups you do not want to merge to "unlimited" and not to "0".

and if i wanted to always merge i would have it set to Unlimited Yes? (not a value)

No, Unlimited = Never Merge.
Again, try to not think in "higher or lower" values, just follow the simple instructions and it will work.

so in the end if i want Mods & other staff groups to merge b4 6 min i would have to set 1494 to all of my staff groups? - if so that just makes things messy.. going to all the user groups and placing same value as primary user group..

so how would i get the Primary user group to override any of the other staff user groups? without placing the same values throughout all the desired staff groups..

the only other way i see of the Primary User group Overriding all the other Groups if the other groups have No Value set within them. but its not possible after saving they reset to 0....

Last edited:
The primary user group (usually "Registered") is the group you should setup your basic merge times (usually the longest time period for merging). All users (even mods and admins) will inherit this setting, since all users (even mods and admins!) should be in this group.

Only if you have additional user groups with other (shorter) merge times, you need to setup those specifically.

All other groups will automatically use the inherited permissions from the "Registered" group.

That's odd move - move files to the server where reCaptcha is not working properly and no FB/G+ signups, so one can't register.
Nicely done :((((

That's odd move - move files to the server where reCaptcha is not working properly and no FB/G+ signups, so one can't register.
Nicely done :((((

I think you are in the wrong thread.

This is a tread about [WMTech] Double Post Merge, which merges 2 consecutive posts in a thread of the same user automatically.

It has nothing to do with registration, sign-ups, captchas, facebook or G+ connectivity.

I think you are in the wrong thread.
But, unfortunately, I am not. The plugin was downloadable through XenForo Resources and now it's moved to an external server, where registration using reCaptcha is not working, so not possible to download the upgraded file.

Top Bottom