[WMTech] Double Post Merge

[WMTech] Double Post Merge 1.3.1

No permission to download
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
There is a problem.
The admins are one group and the registered users too. The admins are not part of the registered usergroup.

So the settings for your addon are set like this:
  • Registered users: Allow double posts (=not merging) after 30 minutes and display double-posted ones after 30 minutes
  • Admins: Allow double posts (=not merging) after 1 minute (I'd like to disable it but doesn't work too) and display double-posted ones after 1 minutes
However also posts from admins are merged even after 1 minute after posting the previous post. Basically I just want to disable this feature for admins.

Doesn't this have to do with the original issue that permissions are dependent? Meaning, if your registered group =30 and admin =1 then the result is =30. That's how permissions work. This addon works opposite of that in our heads but that doens't work in XF, so you have to use the workaround

Okay, thanks for the link. (I will have a look at the workaround) This depended permissions are really not that nice and it seems they are even depended if the admins are not part of the registered users group.
Maybe it would be better to have a "not set" as it's done in other permission to indicate that they should be depended and if a value is set this should override other values.

All of that is only applicable if you use a version below 1.3.0
We highly recommend to UPGRADE to version 1.3.0 if you use this add-on.

The permission system was changed in version 1.3.0.

https://wmtech.net/products/wmtech-double-post-merge.14/changelog

Tapatalk apparently doesn't know what to do with the double post merge BBcode. I know this isn't a addon problem but just mentioning it. The BBcode shows up when viewing a merged post in TT.

Tapatalk apparently doesn't know what to do with the double post merge BBcode. I know this isn't a addon problem but just mentioning it. The BBcode shows up when viewing a merged post in TT.

Thank you for notifying us about it. We'll try to do something against it with the next version.

However this is only a cosmetic issue, since the BB code is only used for styling the divider between the merged posts.

Also, if you double-post via tapatalk within the time limit, the posts are not merged. Just noticed this today, my group is set 1485 (15 minutes) and I posted back to back 1 minute apart and it didn't merge the posts.

Also, if you double-post via tapatalk within the time limit, the posts are not merged. Just noticed this today, my group is set 1485 (15 minutes) and I posted back to back 1 minute apart and it didn't merge the posts.

Since Tapatalk is a different add-on it may introduce it's own code logic for posting posts. So it could be possible that it is not compatible with our add-on. If it would follow the default XenForo code for posting posts it would be compatible.

I can only recommend to bring this issue to the attention of the Tapatalk add-on coders.

After uninstalling this addon, How can I remove all the extra bbcodes that this addon added on every post merged?

With sql query, a simple text replacement will be this:
UPDATE xf_post SET message = REPLACE(message,'old_text_here','new_text_here');
But how about for bbcodes added by this addon?

This is where i think PCFR would work better. Not 100% sure that it works on the BB code but I don't see why not. The start/end tags of the BB code are always exactly the same, and then the timestamp in the middle is different. So I think you would just search for the string that began with the opener and ended with the closer and blanked those out + everything between them and just replaced them with a few carriage returns or something. I'm not the expert there you would have to go to that thread.

But I have to ask, why bother to replace them at all? In a few months most people won't see them anyways unless they're reading or rehashing an old thread, and then, who is really going to care whether they are there or not?

After uninstalling this addon, How can I remove all the extra bbcodes that this addon added on every post merged?

As with all add-ons placing custom bb codes into posts, the bb codes will stay and be visible if you ever decide to uninstall the add-on. Even if you -for example- uninstall the official XenForo Media Gallery add-on the "gallery" bb codes will stay visible and useless in your posts.

We recommend the following solutions:

You can leave this add-on installed and just disable all merging. Or -alternatively- you can create a custom BB code to react on the abandoned code and render it invisible. Attached you can find an example for that. Just import it as a custom bb code in your XenForo ACP and all doublepost codes will be invisible.

Please note, however, that you need to delete this fake bb code if you ever decide to install the add-on again.

We do not recommend to try a search and replace command directly in the database. This is very risky and should be done by database professionals only! You could potentially destroy all the posts in your forum!

Also we take this as a suggestion to provide merging without a seperator in the future, thus without placing a bb code into the posts. It will be an option in the next version of this add-on.

Edit: Please find the file 3 posts down below, the one originally attached did not work. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: rdn
I tried changing BB Code Tag to all capital letters but XenForo auto convert it to small caps.

Why do such difficulties with the registration of your site? As if to join NATO... :) The script is free, why not just download?

It is not at all difficult to register at our site. The registration is free and painless. We just ask you to give us your name and country of location in addition to the usual registration info. There is no difference if the download is free or paid, we do not issue anonymous licenses.

Purchase And Download Process - Information | WebMachine Technologies - Quality Add-Ons and Plugins for XenForo

Also, we had to block the registration form to be accessed from some countries, which requires some people to ask for manual registration as instructed. If you happen to be located in such a country, the registration will even be more painless, becuse we will do the registration for you after you send us a contact message with your data.

Changed Registration Process To Access Our Site | WebMachine Technologies - Quality Add-Ons and Plugins for XenForo

Last edited:
Why this addon is presented here? It can't be downloaded due to silly limitations of its authors. Waste of time.

We would be happy to issue a license for it.

But this only is possible if you accept and obey our license regulations which include that we need to know to whom the license will be issued. As you know, we do not accept anonymous licenses. Sorry, if you find it "silly".

If you try to fake us out, no licensing would be possible.

See my post directly above your post.

Top Bottom