[WMTech] Create New Thread Global

[WMTech] Create New Thread Global 1.0.6

No permission to download
Okay. Finally my account was approved. Thanks.
I've installed the add-on and had to remove it. On trying to install again - I see the error:
Error
Template modifications keys must be unique. The specified key is already in use.

How can I rid the error and reinstall please?
Thanks!

J.

Okay. Finally my account was approved. Thanks.
I've installed the add-on and had to remove it. On trying to install again - I see the error:

How can I rid the error and reinstall please?
Thanks!

J.

This is strange, because we use very customized, individual template modification keys to prevent to use the same key as another add-on. Looks like the template modifications have not been deleted at uninstall.

Please open a support ticket at https://wmtech.net/ and we will help you out.

This is strange, because we use very customized, individual template modification keys to prevent to use the same key as another add-on. Looks like the template modifications have not been deleted at uninstall.

Please open a support ticket at https://wmtech.net/ and we will help you out.
Thanks for your reply. I actually posted a thread on your forum and updated the thread. I forgot to update the post here. But I actually got it sorted. It was a weird sort of error though. I uninstalled the add-on and then when reloading the add-ons page - the add-on would still appear. I *believe* I used the update add-on when it reappeared and the issue was resolved. Very strange... Could it have had anything to do with me customizing it? I rearranged some code so that it works better for my needs. Posted a screencap on your forum.

But yeah - Got it sorted. Thanks!

J.

I have a feature request, would love to see this button also be applied on thread search result and tag result pages (when viewing tags).

Would help members to create new threads, less friction as they won't need to navigate to the forum list if they want to immediately contribute after being inspired from those pages.

I have a feature request, would love to see this button also be applied on thread search result and tag result pages (when viewing tags).

Would help members to create new threads, less friction as they won't need to navigate to the forum list if they want to immediately contribute after being inspired from those pages.

Thank you for your suggestion. In fact we already have plans for that. ;)

Any issues with XF 1.5.12 and UIX themes? I just registered and looking forward to trying this out as my template mods are getting rather long-winded. @wmtech

Hi,
I love this add-on but what a shame not seeing any updates since 2015.

I would love to be able to add the following for guests onty :
Currently when you activate the add-on for guests the "Create a new discussion" button is not displayed on threads list and when you open a thread.
It would be great to see the button on these 2 pages in order to have more ways for guests to find where to subscribe.
Is it something I can do by my own?

Thanks
David

Hi,
I love this add-on but what a shame not seeing any updates since 2015.

I would love to be able to add the following for guests onty :
Currently when you activate the add-on for guests the "Create a new discussion" button is not displayed on threads list and when you open a thread.
It would be great to see the button on these 2 pages in order to have more ways for guests to find where to subscribe.
Is it something I can do by my own?

We only provide update for fixed bugs. This add-on is fully supported!

If you allow guests to post in a thread or forum the button will be shown. There is a permission check and it won't be shown if the visitor is not allowed to post. What you would like to see is the button when clicked shows a registration or sign-in form. This can't be done with this add-on currently.

We already have a suggestion for this feature and it will be considered. We don't know for sure at the moment if there will be an XF2 version of this add-on.

We only provide update for fixed bugs. This add-on is fully supported!

If you allow guests to post in a thread or forum the button will be shown. There is a permission check and it won't be shown if the visitor is not allowed to post. What you would like to see is the button when clicked shows a registration or sign-in form. This can't be done with this add-on currently.

We already have a suggestion for this feature and it will be considered. We don't know for sure at the moment if there will be an XF2 version of this add-on.
PLEASE migrate/update the add-on for XF 2.x compatibility.
Pretty please! Thanks. And wow. Might I say thanks so much for your generous share!
Perhaps even consider upgrading the add-on as a premium piece of functionality. I'd pay for it.
Thanks again.

J.

There's no need in XF2, that's integrated by default
Hmmm... I don't think that's the case. For instance - I cannot see a create thread button from this XFR post page or any other regular post pages. With the WMTech add-on though - I've modified the code so that the create new thread button appears on ALL XF-powered pages like so:

2018-03-19_16-35-06.webp

So... Hmmm... I'm not sure if the XF 2.x code could be easily modified to provide such functionality.
But as it is now - it's not at all part of the current XF 2.x default feature-set as far as I can tell.

J.

Hmmm. I've not *really* familiarized myself with all XF2.x functionality.
But I'm just finding that there is a nice piece of functionality on threadlist pages. It allows easy posting directly from the thread list:
xf2.gif

Really quite impressively nice!
But it's not really the same functionality as WMTech's add-on.

J.

It's not, to do it properly something like this needs to be implemented.

I still frequently find myself wanted to create a thread on mobile and finding it frustrating that I have to navigate to load another full page just to find a new post button.
Yup. Fantastic suggestion.
1st time I've seen your suggestion thread and totally agree = thus my post in the thread.

J.

Top Bottom