[WMTech] 5 Rolling Message Counter

[WMTech] 5 Rolling Message Counter [Paid] 1.0.9

No permission to buy ($29.00)

wmtech

wmtech submitted a new resource:

[WMTech] Rolling Message Count - Start Your Active User Promotion System with True Revolving Counters for Several Timespans

Description:
Rolling Message Count is an add-on that adds several revolving message counters to your XenForo forum where you and your users always can see how many messages they wrote within the current calendar month, the month before the current month and the month second to the last month. Also it provides a counter for each member for all messages posted within the last year from...

Read more about this resource...

Hi @wmtech ,

I really like what is see here. I have a question. You wrote:

As a bonus there is a WidgetFramework Widget to easily allow you to present the most active users for all revolving counters timespans (current month, last month, second to last month, last year, last customizable days) to your users.

Is the most active user list widget similar to this add-on?

http://xenforo.com/community/resour...s-contest-winner-page-of-day-week-month.2831/

Its clear you have more options then the other add-on I just want to make sure I understand what yours does. I may switch to this one :).

Thanks!

Hi @wmtech ,

I really like what is see here. I have a question. You wrote:

Is the most active user list widget similar to this add-on?

http://xenforo.com/community/resour...s-contest-winner-page-of-day-week-month.2831/

Its clear you have more options then the other add-on I just want to make sure I understand what yours does. I may switch to this one :).

Thanks!

I do not know that add-on, sorry.

However our add-on provides some additional live counters and some methods to present the counters to your visitors. All members get the additional counters, not ony the top posters. Our add-on does not organize a contest or similar szenario. What you do with the additional information about your users provided by our add-on is up to you.

For example: You can put the top posters into a special group, just present them in a widget or employ a full featured user bonus model. All that is possible with our add-on.

I do not know that add-on, sorry.

However our add-on provides some additional live counters and some methods to present the counters to your visitors. All members get the additional counters, not ony the top posters. Our add-on does not organize a contest or similar szenario. What you do with the additional information about your users provided by our add-on is up to you.

For example: You can put the top posters into a special group, just present them in a widget or employ a full featured user bonus model. All that is possible with our add-on.

Ok great thanks. Yah I really like what you have here. I give it a try thanks!

Hi There,

Just installed. Is there a cron job to run to make this retro active or does it just start counting from the time of installation?

Scratch that. I ran all the cron jobs and monthly counters don't seem to be updating correctly. Custom and yearly counters seem fine.

Here is what I get:

Rolling Counter.webp

Please let me know if you have any ideas what is wrong. All the cron jobs completed successfully.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi There,

Just installed. Is there a cron job to run to make this retro active or does it just start counting from the time of installation?

Scratch that. I ran all the cron jobs and monthly counters don't seem to be updating correctly. Custom and yearly counters seem fine.

There is no need to run a cron job. These are live counters and will be updated for each post like the regular message counter.

If you've installed 1.0.2, please update to 1.0.3, because there was a bug preventing the datawriter to be extended.

There is no need to run a cron job. These are live counters and will be updated for each post like the regular message counter.

If you've installed 1.0.2, please update to 1.0.3, because there was a bug preventing the datawriter to be extended.

Great thanks. Where can I download the update?

From the same URL you downloaded it the first time.

I am sorry if I seem daft but that url was made available through paypal and the only way I seem to be able to get back there is to purchase the add-on again. Most other add-ons I have used have a secure login to download updates or re-mail the link for download.

Sorry can't find that link now or seem to get there now.

Last edited:
Sorry can't find that link now or seem to get there now.

You certainly do not need to buy again to get updates!

We distribute our add-ons using Fetchapp. The download url has been sent to your PayPal email address at the time of the purchase. Also you'll be notified by email every time a new update is available.

If you do not have access to your PayPal email address please start a conversation with me to arrange the change of email address at your order.

You certainly do not need to buy again to get updates!

We distribute our add-ons using Fetchapp. The download url has been sent to your PayPal email address at the time of the purchase. Also you'll be notified by email every time a new update is available.

If you do not have access to your PayPal email address please start a conversation with me to arrange the change of email address at your order.

The emails from fetch app just arrived. Got two of them in short order. Not sure what happened but I am good now. Thanks!

Ok I upgraded to 1.o4 and the problem above still exists. The monthly counters are at zero. Oh wait, I posted a test message and I now have 1 post for the month. So I take it the monthly counters are not retro-active like the yearly and custom ones?

Last edited:
A quick question about trophies and this add-on. If we create a trophy based on a rolling counter will users continue to points awarded for every time time the counters roll? (ie. +5 points for at least 50 posts per month)

A quick question about trophies and this add-on. If we create a trophy based on a rolling counter will users continue to points awarded for every time time the counters roll? (ie. +5 points for at least 50 posts per month)

Yes. Since the counter is resetted on the first day of each month the points will be awarded as soon as the users reach 50 messages on that counter again.

Top Bottom