[WMTech] 5 Rolling Message Counter

[WMTech] 5 Rolling Message Counter [Paid] 1.0.9

No permission to buy ($29.00)
I am not shure if you need it. There are two other addons equal to that. Maybe with some small changes you have the information also.
Maybe you need the counters for upgrades/promotion? Here i am still watching the code how i can solve that. Also i want to have the wordcount checked to count only posts with more than a line.

FYI, but this add-on is incompatible with basically anything extending the User model (library/WMTech/RollingMessageCount/Model/User.php:class WMTech_RollingMessageCount_Model_User extends XenForo_Model_User)

FYI, but this add-on is incompatible with basically anything extending the User model (library/WMTech/RollingMessageCount/Model/User.php:class WMTech_RollingMessageCount_Model_User extends XenForo_Model_User)

Thank you for notifying us about this bug. Seems we have missed that and it got never reported.

An update will be released momentarily.

@Xon, can you please say one or two words more what´s wrong here and how to fix this?

Yes, but the author also wants me to extend the license from 1.0.8 to 1..09, and while the used XF1 is maybe online for another month or two, i will not buy it again, when there is no version for xf2.

Code from wmtech
Code:
            '
                SELECT user.*
                    ' . $joinOptions['selectFields'] . '
                FROM xf_user AS user
                ' . $joinOptions['joinTables'] . '
                WHERE ' . $whereClause . '
                ' . $orderClause . '
            ', $limitOptions['limit'], $limitOptions['offset']
        ), 'user_id');

Code from AndyB
Code:
        $results = $db->fetchAll("
        SELECT xf_post.user_id,
        COUNT(*) AS mostPostsCount
        FROM xf_post
        INNER JOIN xf_user ON xf_user.user_id = xf_post.user_id
        WHERE xf_post.post_date >= ?
        AND xf_user.is_banned != 1
        GROUP BY xf_post.user_id
        ORDER BY mostPostsCount DESC
        LIMIT ?  
        ", array($timestamp, $limit));

Last edited:
I have found a small addon to recalculate the post count from Liam.
With less changes this would do the trick also. I guess.

Yes, but the author also wants me to extend the license from 1.0.8 to 1..09, and while the used XF1 is maybe online for another month or two, i will not buy it again, when there is no version for xf2.

The author needs to get paid for his work. So sorry for charging $8 for a renewal.

The bug fix was not trivial, it cannot be done with a simple code line change. So Xon probably won't help you. As we won't help people trying to circumvent Xon's renewal prices.

The question should be how the query should/could be at all.

The database query in our product is okay and is/was not buggy.

If you need support for our add-on I would recommend to pay for renewal and ask at our support forums or ticket system. Or just use it without an upgrade as you did until now. It won't stop working within the next month (until you intend to upgrade to XF2).

FYI: There will be an XF2.1 version for this product.

Thanks.

Reactions: 021
No problem, Sir.
I hope to have finished the add-on till tomorrow for xf2; then there is one reason less not to update.

@wmtech will this add-on allow me to promote the user with the most posts in the past month to a usergroup? Else, is there a var I can utilize in my message_user_info template that I could tap into? ideally, i'm looking to add a visual indicator next to the user's avatar if they're the current #1 most active poster for the month

@wmtech will this add-on allow me to promote the user with the most posts in the past month to a usergroup? Else, is there a var I can utilize in my message_user_info template that I could tap into? ideally, i'm looking to add a visual indicator next to the user's avatar if they're the current #1 most active poster for the month

This add-on does offer promotions based at the additional counters. However it does not allow to promote "most posts", only the usual "more than X posts". But I will take it as a suggestion to also allow promoting "most posts".

This add-on is currently available for XF 1.5 only, but will soon be available for XF 2.1 and XF 2.2 also.

This add-on does offer promotions based at the additional counters. However it does not allow to promote "most posts", only the usual "more than X posts". But I will take it as a suggestion to also allow promoting "most posts".

This add-on is currently available for XF 1.5 only, but will soon be available for XF 2.1 and XF 2.2 also.
Thanks. I'm actually still on xf1.5, so this is still attractive to me, however, I'd need to have access to the var that identifies the poster that has had the most posts in the past X days + last calendar month in my message_user_info template.

My goal is to add an icon/indicator next to the user's name in message_user_info if they're 'in the lead" for this month as highest poster and/or were the highest posters last month.

In this add-on's current-state, is the var that contains these "winners" readily accessible in this template? I'd gladly purchase if so.

My goal is to add an icon/indicator next to the user's name in message_user_info if they're 'in the lead" for this month as highest poster and/or were the highest posters last month.

The only way is to do it manually. There is a "notable members" list with all members post count for the current month. There you can see who has written the most posts.

You could also call the database regularily to get the userid. But a script for that would have to be written as it is not included in the add-on.

Top Bottom