Wipe & Reload

iGamer

For some reason i was having to many issues with my install that it was driving me nuts. Wound up having to delete it all and i am fixing to reload it all back up.

My load of course was the first release, and that might have something to do with it.

Anyone else have had to do this?

I generally before I change something big for testing take a snapshot of the DB in phpmyadmin so that I can just revert to it easily afterwards. This has saved me a lot of time in the past ;)

I generally before I change something big for testing take a snapshot of the DB in phpmyadmin so that I can just revert to it easily afterwards. This has saved me a lot of time in the past ;)
I just started doing this. Not knowing what I'm doing can get me into big trouble. :(

Yeah, my install was flaky from the get go for some reason. I tried to ignore things, but as i edited, and went in deeper into setting things up, i started to run into more and more issues. So i just wiped it clean to start to document anything i find along the way.

Ok, just an update to this so that maybe it will help some folks.

I proceeded to download the latest available version of XF. I unpacked it and uploaded the files. I went into my control panel and deleted the user and the DB i had created for it. I then proceeded to create them again.

Then i proceeded to start the install. This time around the install went perfect. No issues, no problems, no errors. Even the admin panel came up looking different than before. Installed a new skin, it worked fine.

I then proceeded to do some basic setup. All went once again perfect. Then i proceeded to download the vB 4.0 importer and install it. I then ran it and it imported everything without a hitch.

So, maybe for all of those that are having some issues. You might want to wipe download and reload.

Thank you, maybe I'll try doing it that way today.

I tried again yesterday, but got the same server error while loading the threads. Everything before that went fine.

I tried this, but it didn't work for me. XF installs without any problems. I have a crap ton of forums and a handful of them didn't import over and I got the server error message again about 1/3 of the way into importing threads/posts.

I just have to be patient and wait for the next release.

Top Bottom