Windows 8 Forums

Code:
.footerLegal .pageContent {
padding: 5px 10px 15px;
Not a biggie but i feel there needs to be some kind of spacing applied but that is my preference some people prefer it without i noticed.

Thanks - I've added that now :). Looks much nicer!

I'll be re-doign the template from scratch once it's released, but this makes the current one look more polished.

Thanks - I've added that now :). Looks much nicer!

I'll be re-doign the template from scratch once it's released, but this makes the current one look more polished.

Much better.

I took a look at the blue your using throughout and wondered whether it would be worth re-colouring the navigation tabs in the same colour?

Might be even worth experimenting with some text-shadow in the navbar & tablinks unsure how it would looks or whether it would suit (on some navbars text shadow makes a huge difference whilst on others it spoils it. I haven't tried tinkering with it in firebug so you may want to try that.

win8.webp

Thanks Shelley - that also looks much better! :)

I'll take a look at the code now and see if I can change it.

edit: Just tried it, but it messed something else up - so will have a tinker later on.

edit: Just tried it, but it messed something else up - so will have a tinker later on.

I'll go and see if I can replicate this on my site and if you haven't done it by then I'll post the code that you can throw in the extra.css template.

I see you've made adjustments to your navbar so unsure whether this will work or have any adverse side affects. Try throwing the following into the EXTRA.CSS template:

Code:
.Popup .PopupControl.PopupOpen, .Popup.PopupContainerControl.PopupOpen {
    background: url("@imagePath/gradients/tab-unselected-25px-light.png") repeat-x scroll center top #1061b3;
}

.Menu {
    border-color: #1061b3;
}

I've made a reasonably big update to the theme (old screenshots are above) - I'd really like to know what you think in comparison :D.

I've got my first XenForo install up and running, converted from a VB installation:

http://www.win8forums.com/

It's a Windows 8 Forum, which is handy timing as the first public download has just been made available.

I've customised the design fairly heavily and added an article section, but there is more custom coding to come.

If you've got any ideas or thoughts on the design I'd be really interested in hearing them!
Just a random question but what are you going to do when Windows 9 comes out? This is like a four year forum...

Just noticed a Gap (spacing between the pagecontent and footer).

Forum looks great btw. Removing the following will bring the footer flush with the pagecontent by removing or adjusting the margin-bottom.

Code:
#content .pageContent { margin-bottom: 10px; }

I really like the design. It's fresh, modern and looks really easy on the eyes. My only problem with it is the content of the forum itself. Windows 8! arghh.. Only kidding, great job.

Top Bottom