Windows 8 Forums

Thanks folks :). I'm looking forward to the 1.1 release as it means I'll be able to add things like "solved threads" for computer problems.

I just need to focus on getting members and Windows 8 discussion, as it's really quiet at the moment. I hope that getting more articles online will help with that.

I love the intuitive sections , the layout, the icons, pretty much everything.

I also agree with those who say go as Windows as you can with the look...it is a windows 8 forum :)

In your position...I would make the categoryStrips and all the content headers have that aero feel with the transparency...which would also be cool because you can have all of your overlays have that aero preview feel as well.

I can also picture the top area (the navtabs section) being the start-bar and it would look great..

I changed this in firebug and removing the rounding to me looks way better as you have that element @100% width

Code:
.footer .pageContent {
    background-color: #1061B3;
    border-bottom-left-radius: 5px;
    border-bottom-right-radius: 5px;
    color: #A5CAE4;
    font-size: 11px;
    overflow: hidden;
}
to
Code:
.footer .pageContent {
    background-color: #1061B3;
    border-bottom-left-radius: 0;
    border-bottom-right-radius: 0;
    color: #A5CAE4;
    font-size: 11px;
    overflow: hidden;
}

firebug.webp

anyways besides those small random opinions your ready to just worry about building content in my opinion...

Thanks for the feedback - I'm going to work on changing the footer now :D

As soon as Windows 8 gets to Beta and we've got more idea about the UI, I'll probably change the design to look a lot more like it. At the moment, I don't know if it's finalised, so I'm holding off a little longer so that I don't need to re-design twice :).

The tiled approach..very Windows 8. Metro UI.

6-1-11-metro.jpg

And we're off :D. Now that the consumer preview is out I'm going to work on a new optional template to match the Metro UI - as soon as I have made progress then I'll post screenshots in here.

Nice looking forum. Only just glanced at it but I would add some margin left to the following:

Code:
#copyright {
    margin-left: 10px;
}
And the same px amount but margin-right to the following:
Code:
#legal {
    margin-right: 10px;
}
or probably easier just adding so you get both:

Code:
.footerLegal .pageContent {
padding: 5px 10px 15px;
Not a biggie but i feel there needs to be some kind of spacing applied but that is my preference some people prefer it without i noticed.

I've usually seen them happen due to either a hard drive failing or the motherboard going out.

I tend to agree with Forsaken on this one and found it usually happens mostly due to old video drivers. I have the FreeLancer game installed here, but my graphics card is to new for the ones it supports listed, being 2 SLI cards running. It's very old game now, it doesn't even support SLI mode. It uses a generic instead and do get BSOD the odd time, reboots comp. I know it graphic related causing it, usually when it does happen, it's always when going through a jump-hole I've noticed. But happens very rarely.

If you have something like a cracked motherboard, from my experience (had one once) the comp won't start when switched on, you may hear bleep sounds too. That's different compared to getting DSOD happen while actually using the comp doing something.

Top Bottom