1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will XenForo 1.2 be compatible with MySQL 5.6 and PHP 5.5?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Alfa1, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

2. AWS

AWS Well-Known Member

My new server has mysql 5.6 and it runs fine.

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm only aware of one known issue outstanding with PHP5.4+ and XenForo 1.1.x so I'd say not much needs to be done.

4. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

And what is that known issue?

5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

6. ashkir

ashkir Active Member

Several addons and resources do not work with PHP 5.4 as well. But, over the past month or two many have been updated to add that support.

7. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh Well-Known Member

My server has php 5.2.17 and it is not allowing me to install Xenforo at all! :( here is the link: http://sikhbusiness.net/install/index.php?install/

Is there any work around to this problem? My problem is that my other major website is on vbulletin 3.8.7 and that does not support 5.4 and i do not feel like upgrading to 4.2 :( !! i wanna cry... :cry:

Please advice...

ranflyer likes this.
  8. estranged

estranged Well-Known Member

Looks like you have to compile php with MySQLi option. Your problem is not the php version.

9. duderuud

duderuud Active Member

If you have an Ubuntu server:

Code:
    apt-get install php5-mysql

10. Neutral Singh

The server admin did complile it but there was a warning that i need to upgrade the server's php version to 5.4 be able to run mysqli!

11. duderuud

duderuud Active Member

Mysqli is old school, it's replaced with php5-mysql.

12. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Wrong.

php-mysql is the original, then came along php-mysqli and now the latest and greatest is the native driver: php-mysqlnd.

hellreturn, Luke F and Jeremy like this.
  13. duderuud

duderuud Active Member

You learn every day...thx

14. Neutral Singh

So the only solution would be to buy another server! :unsure:

15. Gladius

Gladius Well-Known Member

No, your admin just needs to compile PHP with MySQLi. You don't need 5.4 for that. It works on 5.2 just fine.

16. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

Yes, but PHP 5.2 is officially deprecated. More and more hosts are moving to PHP 5.3 and 5.4.

17. Gladius

Well obviously he'd use 5.3 or 5.4 if possible, just saying that it works fine on 5.2 as well.

18. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

FWIW, I've just had a quick play with 1.1.4 on PHP 5.5 and haven't experienced any issues. We don't use preg_replace with the e modifier, which is one of the deprecated changes, and we've never used any of the other things that are now deprecated. (Plus 1.1.4 will not show strict/deprecation errors unless you're in debug mode, to reduce showing potential minor warnings to end users.)

sonnb, Veer, p4guru and 11 others like this.
  19. Gladius

What about MySQL 5.6?

20. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

My test setup is working fine against 5.6-10 of MySQL.

Gladius likes this.