Will url stucture change?

Alexannix

Hello,
i'm going to buy xf, i like the structure and the support and customers community, instead of vb, but there's a thing that i don't like: the url seo firendly structure.
Now, if in next releases will be possible to change and customize this structure i buy xf, if not i'm forced to stay on vb.

Thanks a lot :)

CroNiX

I'm curious too. Clean semantic URLs are how things should be. GET based query stings are so 90's.

Kier

XenForo developer
Staff member
Great idea Kier, at least give forum admin's a lot of options, like what fields they want in user profile forms.
Giving admins lots of options is precisely what XenForo is not about. Did you miss the memo? ;)

Kier

XenForo developer
Staff member
LOL, at least my threads are public.

That one is not even readable by the public is it ??
I think it's the IB vs XF thread in the Announcement Forum that is being referred to. Of course, I don't think anyone is under the illusion that Adrian actually wrote it.

AnthonyCea

I think it's the IB vs XF thread in the Announcement Forum that is being referred to. Of course, I don't think anyone is under the illusion that Adrian actually wrote it.
Yes, but the 'big one' is in the private forum if I am correct, of course I was banned last October so I would not know for sure.

Alexannix

Is there no way to know if will be possible to customize urls?
I need to know, otherwise i can't purchase xf :)

(there's no need for this chand is implemented now, i just want to know if is in xf team's project :) )

yavuz

My board is written in Turkish and there are charachters that non-turkish visitors won't recognize. That makes the url's which contains turkish charachters hard to write if not copied. I have mentioned this before and it was said xenforo is designed this way :) Hope there will be an option to the seo functions where non-english charachters will convert to english ones.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Is there no way to know if will be possible to customize urls?
I need to know, otherwise i can't purchase xf :)

(there's no need for this chand is implemented now, i just want to know if is in xf team's project :) )
The URLs are not customizable in the way you want. I couldn't comment on whether that might happen in the future - mostly depends on demand (as well as technical feasibility).

CroNiX

No Zend_Controller_Router_Rewrite() option there? If you could use this, then you could call your controllers whatever you want, even dynamically.

Kier

XenForo developer
Staff member
We don't use Zend_Controller at all. Nor do we use the Zend router, or its rewrite scheme. All of that is bespoke XenForo code.