1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will url stucture change?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Alexannix, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Alexannix

Alexannix Member

Hello,
    i'm going to buy xf, i like the structure and the support and customers community, instead of vb, but there's a thing that i don't like: the url seo firendly structure.
    Now, if in next releases will be possible to change and customize this structure i buy xf, if not i'm forced to stay on vb.

Thanks a lot :)

2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

What don't you like about it?

3. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

Maybe he likes thread numbers like the stock vB URL's Kier.

AlexandrosD likes this.
  4. CroNiX

CroNiX Active Member

I'm curious too. Clean semantic URLs are how things should be. GET based query stings are so 90's.

5. Kier

Then he can make use of the option that allows that scheme to be used?

Screen shot 2011-01-08 at 18.09.41.png

6. AnthonyCea

Great idea Kier, at least give forum admin's a lot of options, like what fields they want in user profile forms.

AlexandrosD likes this.
  7. Kier

Giving admins lots of options is precisely what XenForo is not about. Did you miss the memo? ;)

8. AnthonyCea

Now you are pissing me off, time to write a sensational thread on Xenforo folks, look for it at a forum near you !!

AlexandrosD likes this.
  9. Kier

I wait with baited breath.

10. AnthonyCea

LOL, I guess you would really have to make a major blunder to get me off my arse to actually work.

AlexandrosD likes this.
  11. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

You think you can beat IB Adrian's? :rolleyes:

Kier likes this.
  12. AnthonyCea

LOL, at least my threads are public.

That one is not even readable by the public is it ??

AlexandrosD likes this.
  13. Kier

I think it's the IB vs XF thread in the Announcement Forum that is being referred to. Of course, I don't think anyone is under the illusion that Adrian actually wrote it.

14. Alexannix

Alexannix Member

I don't like /forums/ , /threads/ ect. and i prefer /ID-thread-name.html

Will be possible customize our urls?

15. AnthonyCea

Yes, but the 'big one' is in the private forum if I am correct, of course I was banned last October so I would not know for sure.

AlexandrosD likes this.
  16. Alexannix

Alexannix Member

Is there no way to know if will be possible to customize urls?
    I need to know, otherwise i can't purchase xf :)

(there's no need for this chand is implemented now, i just want to know if is in xf team's project :) )

17. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

My board is written in Turkish and there are charachters that non-turkish visitors won't recognize. That makes the url's which contains turkish charachters hard to write if not copied. I have mentioned this before and it was said xenforo is designed this way :) Hope there will be an option to the seo functions where non-english charachters will convert to english ones.

18. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The URLs are not customizable in the way you want. I couldn't comment on whether that might happen in the future - mostly depends on demand (as well as technical feasibility).

Jarod likes this.
  19. CroNiX

CroNiX Active Member

No Zend_Controller_Router_Rewrite() option there? If you could use this, then you could call your controllers whatever you want, even dynamically.

20. Kier

We don't use Zend_Controller at all. Nor do we use the Zend router, or its rewrite scheme. All of that is bespoke XenForo code.