Will Resource Manager work as a Business Directory?

beerForo

Is anyone using RM as a Business Directory? Examples?

So, if you have a niche profession forum, members can list their company and/or specialty?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I did use it that way on one XF forum for a while.

It wasn't being used much so I chopped it but if your members have enough interest in using it and reading the entries, no reason why it wouldn't work.

There is an addon for ABC-Filter in the RM. The glossary is not the best thing for that, i guess. If you dont need the RM for something else, it is a nice way to have a LD.

That looks amazing. How are you achieving that layout and the images? The add-on does not look like that.

And what are you using on your forum home to get the grid look?

Would you be able to post any step-by-steps to achieve these? Looking good!

That looks amazing. How are you achieving that layout and the images? The add-on does not look like that.

ThemeHouse style and Node TH addon. (Unless I’m wrong )

For Resources I'm using:

This is what makes the Resources grid.

This is what makes the filter widget in the sidebar that allows for filtering by custom fields.

For the forum home grid Faust is correct:

ThemeHouse style and Node TH addon. (Unless I’m wrong )

I used Ui.X2 for the theme and their Node TH add-on. I then made the graphic backgrounds for the grids myself.

For Resources I'm using:

This is what makes the Resources grid.

This is what makes the filter widget in the sidebar that allows for filtering by custom fields.

For the forum home grid Faust is correct:

I used Ui.X2 for the theme and their Node TH add-on. I then made the graphic backgrounds for the grids myself.
Good work.

I have used their Nodes addon with own graphics. But decided to ditch it.

Good work.

I have used their Nodes addon with own graphics. But decided to ditch it.
I'm torn. I like the look but the index of forums seems so quick and easy. But I'm torn because if I go back to the standard forum look, it'll look outdated... and I don't want to run anyone off. Building a forum is not for the weak.

I do agree with you about that. Not sure, I believe members like standard forums.
Well if we are being honest...if the value is there people will actually walk up to a physical bulletin board and make a post. :ROFLMAO:

It's just harder and harder to provide that value in a world with social media. But with all the censorship that's going on with Twitter, FB, IG, Google, etc I think the pendulum is going to swing back our way.

Well if we are being honest...if the value is there people will actually walk up to a physical bulletin board and make a post. :ROFLMAO:

It's just harder and harder to provide that value in a world with social media. But with all the censorship that's going on with Twitter, FB, IG, Google, etc I think the pendulum is going to swing back our way.
Hopefully, depending on the forum niche as well.

Hopefully, depending on the forum niche as well.
Definitely true. If your subject matter is mainstream it probably won't move away from Social Media. But if you're any bit controversial you will have to get off of it soon. Especially with this disinformation czar that is being installed. How long before they start coming after Hosting companies?

Ooooh GIF

Definitely true. If your subject matter is mainstream it probably won't move away from Social Media. But if you're any bit controversial you will have to get off of it soon. Especially with this disinformation czar that is being installed. How long before they start coming after Hosting companies?

Ooooh GIF

unless you own the hosting company like Facebook or other giants :)

Top Bottom