• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Will pay for Add-Ons below

kingston

So I love XenForo, but because of a crash on our old server (long story) I made the jump to XF a little bit sooner than I had planned. While the overall posting is great, the security measures for a rowdy board are not quite there yet. We are going to hit a bit of a rough patch in the next few months and I will gladly pay to have these mods (Message me for prices because I dont know fi we are allowed to post them here):

Is any other user posting from this IP Address (a small button listed below the post. I know a similar function is built into the core of XF, but it is not very user friendly, quick, robust, or reliable). Finished! check in the add-ons area.

Take the IP address of the current post and take to a site that presents the location of the IP (this one should be fairly easy) I did this one myself and posted in the Template Modifications

Promotion system. I know one is in the works, but if I can get a stop gap solution for the moment until the full promotion system is released.

Anyone with some time and coding skills will be rewarded!

All requests completed!

Edrondol

Depending on what you want with promotions it might already be available. I think you should be a bit more specific.

IP to location could be as easy as replacing the IP icon with one that takes you to whois.

Duplicate IP...okay, ya got me there.

I'm not a coder, but I'd think that someone should be able to step up for you.

kingston

Depending on what you want with promotions it might already be available. I think you should be a bit more specific.

IP to location could be as easy as replacing the IP icon with one that takes you to whois.

Duplicate IP...okay, ya got me there.

I'm not a coder, but I'd think that someone should be able to step up for you.
What I want for promotions is when a user firsts signs up they are in the default registered users group. That group is limited to ONLY posting in one place, Newbies. If they make 3 posts and they have been registered for at least 3 days they get promoted (or an additional group is added onto their username) that has the ability to post everywhere.

This has stopped a lot of the creating of usernames to start flame wars.

kingston

basically a cron job that runs hourly that says if these conditions are met do this action. for me it would be add a user to additional groups for additional abilities.

Robbo

I need to create a promotion system. Don't know if it will be what you want though, can you give a few more details or link to a vBull version or something?