Add-on WidgetPortal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see it in action.
One feature I believe would differentiate yours with xenPorta is the ability to show poll when you promote a thread to the homepage. Right now, the poll does not show on Xencarta home.

You think it's technically feasible?
Do you mean on the Recent Thread widget when a promote post is shown and that post is a poll, show the poll? Also instead of xencarta did you mean xenporta?

As for the feasibility of that, I'm unsure. I will add it to the list, but only as a reminder to look in to it. Again, I'm deferring all future feature decisions until Alpha is released and is stable.

Would it be possible / desirable for someone to "Watch" the Articles ... ie. be Alerted to *NEW* articles, but not replies ?
xfrocks made bd forum watch.

Would it be possible / desirable for someone to "Watch" the Articles ... ie. be Alerted to *NEW* articles, but not replies ?
If I'm hearing you correctly it would basically be forum watch for only the forums that are specified as Article forums. If it were to be implemented adding both new articles and replies to the alerts (giving the user the choice) would be desirable. I do think it would be possible, I don't know when/if I'd implement it. I'll add it to the feature list.

Side note, since I just thought of it, the "Display forum threads as articles" is a separate option from the forums that are in the recent threads widget. The reasoning behind this is I want to only have a couple forums in the "Recent Threads Widget" but there are more than that that I want to display in an article format. Does it make you select the forums twice? Yes, but you only have to do it once so its not that much more work for the added flexibility.

I would also say that might make a better add-on to xfrocks' add-on rather than adding the functionality to Widget Portal.

I know this might be outside your scope of things to do, but even a simply way of showing something is an article would be awesome.

Similar to a prefix or something, but once you promote a thread to your portal, it would add something like a prefix to the thread listing.

I know this might be outside your scope of things to do, but even a simply way of showing something is an article would be awesome.

Similar to a prefix or something, but once you promote a thread to your portal, it would add something like a prefix to the thread listing.
I like the thought. It is out of scope for the moment but I've added it to the list of features to be considered in the future.

Excellent stuff mate, at last a viable alternative to XenPorta. Will keep a beady eye on this, and am happy to contribute to crowd funded features.

Worked with xfrocks over the weekend and he made some modifications to WF that will make the integration with WidgetPortal MUCH nicer. (Not to mention add a few nice features to WF) That should be released shortly and the new version will be required for WidgetPortal.

This is like waiting for Christmas morning? Will we be able to move each box right, left, center as needed?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom