Resource icon

Widget Portal Beta 1.0.5

No permission to download
Anyone done a matrix of functionality differences between XenPorta, Widget Portal, and Simple Portal?

Since the latest release of XenPorta has now removed the very functionality that I like/want the most - threads in a designated forum are auto-promoted to the portal - seems I have lost the main benefit in remaining with XenPorta and can review other possible alternatives.

XenPorta is the most advanced of those I believe.
Yes, and possibly too advanced for my requirements now that it's dropped - like a sack of hot potatoes - a very important and well used functionality. Hence, why wondering if there is already a matrix of feature differences before I waste my time and do an analysis that already exists.

Either way, I believe this isn't the right place for a portal comparison. Feel free to create a new thread for this.

Either way, I believe this isn't the right place for a portal comparison. Feel free to create a new thread for this.
Thanks, but I'm comfortable with where it is without duplicating a question in an unrelated new thread.

I'm having trouble adding threads to the carousel. I can add one thread but can't seem to figure out how to add multiple threads.

Also do the images that are pulled need to be the right size for the carousel? Large images seem to be cut off and don't rescale for the carousel view. I hope this addon can somehow live on because I like the widget framework and I see potential here.

I'm running into this error after I added a recent threads widget to the portal:
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method WidgetPortal_Model_Widget::_prepare() - library/WidgetPortal/Model/Widget.php:82
Generated By: Alfa1, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(58) "http://area51.myforum.eu/test4/admin.php?widget-portal/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["widget-portal/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

If I do not place anything in the left column, then the header and navigation bar are misplaced to the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
Top Bottom