Why might this template modification not work on all installations?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
OK. So this is, I thought, a pretty simple regular expression.

Find: /<xen:if is="{\$birthdays}">(.*?)<\/xen:if>/is
Replace: $0<xen:include template="member_list_block_newest" />

It's very simply supposed to be including a template at the end of the {$birthdays} block (on the member_notable template).

I am receiving various reports that suggest for some people it works, and other people it doesn't.

So either I've overlooked something, or there could be some sort of bug that might need reporting.

I obviously don't know anything about specific code and all that. I have no idea what that expression means to be truthful. But have you tried to see what is in common between all the people that can see it and all the people that can't? Usergroup or permission settings perhaps?

Only if you want to use Widget Framework. Which not everyone does.

I believe it's a XenForo bug that Mike fixed, but I can't find the thread.

Only if you want to use Widget Framework. Which not everyone does.

I believe it's a XenForo bug that Mike fixed, but I can't find the thread.

Agreed. There's two widgets in the xfrocks frame i like but got a coder to develop two of the widgets because of that reason. I didn't want to use or rather install a full blown FW.

Add-ons should work with the lowest version of PHP which XenForo supports, which is 5.2.4.

Until that changes, if add-ons only work with PHP 5.4 and higher, they will not work on a lot of installations.

Add-ons should work with the lowest version of PHP which XenForo supports, which is 5.2.4.

Until that changes, if add-ons only work with PHP 5.4 and higher, they will not work on a lot of installations.
I disagree. Add-ons should just be clear about which version they support. Mine are moving to 5.3+ as supporting 5.2 is time I don't have, it's like supporting IE 6 (which XenForo does, I don't).

Top Bottom