1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Why is watched threads "unread" watched threads?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mr Lucky, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

If I click on Watched Threads, I want to see all the threads I'm watching but it only shows me unread watched threads.

Why is this?
    How do I see all unwatched threads?

2. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Bottom left hand of that screen there is a link for "Show All Watched Threads".
  3. Mr Lucky

Whoa, that's a bit obscure. I was looking for some other link but couldn't find it.

You would think Watched Threads means Watched Threads, not Unread Watched Threads
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The thinking is that usually, you're wanting to read the threads you're interested in (by watching) that have content you haven't seen rather than browsing all of them or managing them in bulk. The link could be more obvious though.
  5. Mr Lucky

Ha, people who think like that obviously have a better memory than I do.

This morning I looked at a thread, decided I'd reply a bit later so marked it watched thinking I'd easily find it in watched threads. But no. Ah well...

It should be consistent, e.g. New watched threads as with New posts/recent posts
  6. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

For your own forum, you can change it if you wish, provided by @Brogan . It is in the navigation template. I find that very odd, too, so I changed it.

Mr Lucky and Jon W like this.