Add-on Why is there no decent blog addon for xenforo?

I am hoping to release a big update as soon as possible
I will buy. I have tried Better Blogs free version and it works well enough for my needs. Of course updates and further development would be nice. Do you have an ETA for the long awaited update? Is it smooth to transfer my 14 existing blogs with the free add-on to the paid version?

I see a lot of very talented developers spending a tremendous amount of time on more esoteric add-ons. I'm surprised there is no competition to Better Blogs at this point.

I see a lot of very talented developers spending a tremendous amount of time on more esoteric add-ons. I'm surprised there is no competition to Better Blogs at this point.
What would your wishlist be for features in a Blog addon?

I would not mind if the blog addon would use threads and posts by customizing forum_view, thread_view pages and postbits for a blog look. But users would need a link to their blog where all their blog threads are listed.

If the blog update is weeks away then I think I would wait it out, however if it's likely to be months then I think I will be looking at other alternatives.

@Rigel Kentaurus Could you maybe give us a loose ETA here as it's so hard to plan forward.

I dont think we're ever going to see this realised, except perhaps if xenforo do a premium add-on. betterblogs is really used a lot on my site but its far from perfect and a promised update doesnt seem like it will materialise. Shame really!

I am looking forward to the promising "Article Management System" which is in the making in a remote secret laboratory. Unfortunately no release date.

I dont think we're ever going to see this realised, except perhaps if xenforo do a premium add-on. betterblogs is really used a lot on my site but its far from perfect and a promised update doesnt seem like it will materialise. Shame really!
Agreed. No activity here for over 3 months, and no activity on his own support site for over a month.

Hi Borbole! Don't get me wrong, I love your mods but my need is for a direct replacement of better blogs, or in other words a multi-blog system members can use (like VB's, only better coz it's not :) )

Hi Borbole! Don't get me wrong, I love your mods but my need is for a direct replacement of better blogs, or in other words a multi-blog system members can use (like VB's, only better coz it's not :) )

I did not get you wrong at all Rob :)

Reactions: Rob
How about using WordPress itself as the blog addon using XenWord? Anyone tried that?

Of course this would be viable for those already using WordPress on their site..

How about using WordPress itself as the blog addon using XenWord? Anyone tried that?

Of course this would be viable for those already using WordPress on their site..
I have tried that in my forum you can see in my signature. it works fine i think

Top Bottom