Why is all the fun missing from XenForo.com?

Do you think introducing Mod of the Month / Board of the Month would be a Good idea?

• Yes, this would transform xf.com into a much more interesting place...

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No, I am loner so I like it as it is...

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters

Neutral Singh

What a laid-back forum XF.com has become! Admins make a special appearance once in a while. Mods replay like lifeless bots 24/7. Coders add a resource and go away into hibernation till their next update. And then there are soooo many of those unconditional Xf fans, who would not blink an eye getting on your back for posting something like this... :D

Seriously, coming from some exciting times at vb.org, it used to be some fun going there... there used to be friendly competitions like the Mod of the Month & Board of the Month, which would keep you interested in coming back to the forum time and again...

Seriously, overtime Xf.com has lost a child in it, in an quest of becoming a matured person too soon... Why can't we introduce such interesting activities like MoM and BoM!

Looking forward to an outcry from Xf fans... :p

#NotJustForFun

I'm not a fanboy but I agree with Brogan. I've enough on my plate running 3 fun forums & my fun life to look for fun on a support forum.

I spend less time on admin forums due to the fluff.

I don't need fluff - I need help (more than most) & appreciate getting it in quick time. Doesn't bother me if it's to the point & lacks smillies

Things will never be what they once were. You can spend a lot of effort to try and make things like they used to be, but it will never happen. Those days were before Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and the like. They were before tablets and smart phones even.

Probably half the visits now are people on their phone looking for one thing and then leaving.

I think it would be a cool idea as I have come to enjoy the forum and people on it. Maybe not mod of the month but definitely board of the month. You should give it a shot :)

On a forum like this my interpretation of community is members helping each other out rather than a party. By that interpretation this place works very well indeed. On other forums I use or run it's the fluff that people fall out over. My off topic section on one forum is where the occasional flare-ups arise. On another forum the same section is rarely used as folk like to stick to business. Never any trouble there.

Keep XF as it is. It may not be a laugh a minute but there's relatively little drama to get sucked into & plenty of help & advice exchanged between members.

So i guess you would just as soon sit in the house and look at the walls. It dont really matter to me one way or the other but it does make things better when alot more people get involved in a community then just asking for help.

So i guess you would just as soon sit in the house and look at the walls. It dont really matter to me one way or the other but it does make things better when alot more people get involved in a community then just asking for help.
No, I spend time on my own sites and come here when I need something relating to XenForo or I just feel like reading what other people are doing/having problems with.

Top Bottom