Not a bug Why copy jpg image into Editor then convert to png image where post thread?

I don't think the image is converted to a PNG - I think it already is one.

The rich-text editor automatically creates a name for the uploaded file when one isn't available and it does this based on the MIME type of the image.

If I rename a file on my computer from image.jpg to image.png and paste it to upload it, the file name comes out as <current_time_stamp>.jpg because the MIME type of the image is image/jpg.

The extension of a file has very little bearing on how an image is handled meaning that most browsers and software totally ignore what the extension is.

So, ultimately, even if this was unexpected, it wouldn't make any difference.

I don't think the image is converted to a PNG - I think it already is one.

The rich-text editor automatically creates a name for the uploaded file when one isn't available and it does this based on the MIME type of the image.

If I rename a file on my computer from image.jpg to image.png and paste it to upload it, the file name comes out as <current_time_stamp>.jpg because the MIME type of the image is image/jpg.

The extension of a file has very little bearing on how an image is handled meaning that most browsers and software totally ignore what the extension is.

So, ultimately, even if this was unexpected, it wouldn't make any difference.
Thanks Chris, I have copy an image with jpg extension, sure. But after show on editor (BBCode), it's png extension. I don't know why.

Because it's a PNG with a JPG extension. The editor doesn't know its file name so it gives it one automatically based on what the image actually is.

Top Bottom