Why are posts restricted?

Jethro

Just copied in a review to see how things would look from a large post perspective and got the following error message

"Please enter a message with no more than 10000 characters."

Is there a reason posts are restricted? Would imagine 10k would be enough for 99.9% of posts, simply wondering about the limit.

General input:

I have a full team of competent technical people ready to add/organize technical input in my forums. I really do not want to give them admincp access though. I could make them moderators but would rather not.

At this time we are using vb3.8 and besides using unlocked sticky threads, there really is no good way of keeping track of information. I am seeking a solution. Possibly others are too, possibly xf.com could use the same solution to organize/keep track of suggestion at the peer level. It would not carry the same level of authority as a moderator/admin source of information, but the amount of work off loaded from the staff could be significant.

The ability to have non-staff 'peer helper group' is increasingly beneficial as the forums grow larger.

Top Bottom