1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's on Twitter?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trombones13, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

Since there isn't a way for me to see all of the people who have put Twitter usernames in their profiles here (suggested add-on, perhaps? maybe later), I figure I'll just ask: who's on Twitter? Post your personal and/or forum username(s); I want to put them in a Twitter list. It also would be neat to see how you use your forum's account to advertise stuff--just links to threads, or do you discuss relevant topics externally as well? :)

2. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Trombones13 likes this.
  3. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

me and every member of my xf are members of twitter.
    thus far i have installed ragteks global rss and use ping.fm to push them off onto a dedicated twitter account, and also installed the twitter oauth hack.
    i try to get the members to follow and retweet, but the lack of a 'tweet this' link makes it harder to kickstart participation.
    one aspect of twitter than id love xf to mimic is the ability to use twitter-like 'xf lists'. unfortunately it seems to be all about facebook here :(

Jethro and Trombones13 like this.
  4. Trombones13

What's your username? :)
    Ooh; that could be interesting--suggest it! :D

5. FreshFroot

FreshFroot Well-Known Member

Trombones13 likes this.
  6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Trombones13 likes this.
  7. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

my username is a sceret. i know that sounds dumb, but i actually admin my boards clandestine. people do not associate my posting account with the admin account in any way; they do not know i am the admin.

i did suggest it ages ago, but i may have done a poor job wording my post.

8. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

9. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Trombones13 likes this.
  11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

me, it's in my signature.

Trombones13 likes this.
  12. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Guilty!

I don't use it much though.

One thing I really miss from IPB is the ability to Tweet posts... I am hoping this comes to xenforo before too long.

Jethro, Trombones13 and Peggy like this.
  13. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Never used it :( So i have no clue how it works .

14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yep yep me too.

15. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

I just push all my more interesting content on facebook then FB will auto publish the links to twitter.. Never actually visit the site..

Trombones13 likes this.
  16. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's in my signature, but for all those of you sensible enough to browse with signatures disabled: @KierDarby

Carlos and Trombones13 like this.
  17. Trombones13

It's nice to spit out short messages about the forum and it pulls in a fair amount of traffic, apparently. I also like how you can use hashtags (for example, #musicmonday) to tag tweets with the same content and allow others to find it, i.e. I can tweet about what's new this week with a #musicmonday tag and other users can discuss the music using the same hashtag, which I can also use to see what other users are saying and respond to them. :)
    (If you want to see my forum Twitter accounts to see what I mean, they're @pokefarm and @voiceradio, though the latter is relatively new.)

Carlos likes this.
  18. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Hashtags are a great viral marketing tactic. Good Job. :)

19. glorify

glorify Well-Known Member

20. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

@jo_darling

(but I don't use it as much as I should!)