Who's got beta 2 installed already?

Upgraded 'bout 2 hours after release. Was very smooth transition. Only complaint was that I need to re-edit some skins due to I made the changes in the Master Template, but other than that it was great (btw, I love the master template!)

I upgraded my development board a few hours ago. Must say, that was the smoothest software upgrade I've ever done, aside from Wordpress. Automatically closing the forum is a VERY nice touch :).
I just updated 4.0.7 to 4.0.8. It took 30 minutes, 1 thing is now broken. GOLD!
Upgraded beta1 to beta2. I don't know, 5-10 minutes? And had to fix 2 templates. Beta! Very smooth.

Add TeeVeeTown to the list of those sites upgrading to Beta 2 with hardly a hitch!

Other than the 'double navbar' thing which was now fixed quickly it all was a piece of cake :D

Done my upgrade shortly after posting earlier, and the upgrade went flawlessly, then I junked my db and started with a fresh beta2 install to test the importer again and the importer worked fine this time (in beta 1 it kept failing on users), so I'm happy with my test board, been playing with the styling again this afternoon

Done my upgrade shortly after posting earlier, and the upgrade went flawlessly, then I junked my db and started with a fresh beta2 install to test the importer again and the importer worked fine this time (in beta 1 it kept failing on users), so I'm happy with my test board, been playing with the styling again this afternoon
How many forums did you import? I got hung up at ~33 even though I have around 90.

WOW that was easy!

images.webp

Also upgraded updated that other forum using their button yesterday.

images.webp

Yup, redid my style by using Notepad++ to compare the modified templates with the Beta 2 ones. Used style properties directly whenever I could to replace template edits.

Beta 1 - 20 modified templates
Beta 2 - 18 modified templates

I didn't see this when xenforo beta 2 arrived, but alas: www.mw2forums.com is beta 2. :D

I loved how when you installed the upgrade, the upgrade SHUTS everything off, even your ACP. Awesome.

And you don't have to turn off your board manually. BEAT THAT, vBulletin! :D

I didn't see this when xenforo beta 2 arrived, but alas: www.mw2forums.com is beta 2. :D

I loved how when you installed the upgrade, the upgrade SHUTS everything off, even your ACP. Awesome.

And you don't have to turn off your board manually. BEAT THAT, vBulletin! :D
How did you do the welcome? I've seen a few like that already.

Top Bottom