Who using Office 2010?

I was using MS office 200bc the 200bc edition came with 2 handy features a hammer and chisel. You can see Mike and kier holding my handy work in the screenshot (below)

Kier_mike_montage.webp

I'm thinking of upgrading the 2007 version to 2010. Anyone has experience in both can comment?
I use mostly Outlook and a bit of Word/Excel.

I'm using it, have been since it came out. I think 2010 is great, lots of nice features, good improvement on 2007. I had no problem switching over.

*However*, my parents asked me to build them a new computer recently, and I got them an upgrade to Office 2010 at the same time. Although my mum had no problems, my dad had serious problems getting used to it and still prefers 2007 to this day.

If you're fairly competent with IT, I don't think you'll have any problems. But, if you or anyone else using it might need extra help, it could take a while to get used to it.

I'm quite satisfied with the Mac 2011 version, however there's a lot more clutter on the screen, it's useful clutter but still...

Anyone has any suggestion on how to migrate Outlook 2007 emails/address/notes/attachments/etc on XF to Outlook 2010 on Win 7 64 bit?

I want to back up it and wipe my current machine (XP), install W7, Outlook 2010 and restore the backup.

Give me Office 1997 anyday, it was so simple, quick and easy to use
The later offices, just....well, kinda felt like bloatware in comparison :P

I use Outlook 2010 which has one handy feature I realy on - it supports domain-specific sender email addresses for POP accounts.

I own and run a number of sites and have POP mailboxes for each domain. When I reply I want to send out from the domain I've received mail on. Previously, you could add different addresses, but when replying you had to select from a drop-down - absolute pain in the derriere.

In Outlook 2010 it uses the address you setup in each account. So when replying you don't have to select an outgoing address, it uses the default on for that account so you send from your specific domain automatically without having to fiddle around. :)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Just one thing to watch out for with 2010, if you use outlook on a Windows Server 2008 via Remote desktop, you need a volume license serial to install it, otherwise it won't install on a Server with Remote desktop enabled.

really, really annoying. I emailed MS and they advised me to buy 5 copies of Office 2010 just so I could get a volume license and then install one copy of Outlook onto it.

So, I've got Office 2010 on my PC and Outlook 2007 on the server.

Just one thing to watch out for with 2010, if you use outlook on a Windows Server 2008 via Remote desktop, you need a volume license serial to install it, otherwise it won't install on a Server with Remote desktop enabled.

really, really annoying. I emailed MS and they advised me to buy 5 copies of Office 2010 just so I could get a volume license and then install one copy of Outlook onto it.

So, I've got Office 2010 on my PC and Outlook 2007 on the server.

That's due to Terminal Services.

I had 2010 beta and am on 2007 at work. I actually prefer OpenOffice although I'm tied to Outlook for business.

I still use Microsoft Office 2000 believe it or not.
eek.png
smile.png

I've worked with newer versions of Microsoft Office and don't really see the benefit of moving to the newer versions given the price they want to upgrade.

For my email client I use Thunderbird and then I've also got OpenOffice which is actually just as good if not better than , to me at least. :)

-Chris

Top Bottom