• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Who using Office 2010?

Andy.N

I'm thinking of upgrading the 2007 version to 2010. Anyone has experience in both can comment?
I use mostly Outlook and a bit of Word/Excel.

Quillz

I've been using it for a while and like it. I use Word, Outlook and OneNote fairly regularly. And PowerPoint and Excel when necessary.

Andy.N

And you guys used 2007 version for sometimes and think 2010 is better? Or you just start out directly with 2010?

Fred Sherman

Office Pro, then 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010. The latest is the best, most cohesive offering yet. Its not really a bundle of products. I can drop a spreadsheet or visio diagram into a word document and, if necessary edit it from within the document, including changing formulas, if necessary.

The biggest change, as was already pointed out, is in Outlook. A much more "social media aware" application and more discussion oriented rather that chronological email.

SchmitzIT

I'm also using 2010, though I have to admit I do not see that much of a difference with 2007. My main use of 2007 over previous versions was when I used Excel for BI purposes, and the additional functionality proved to be so much better for us BI folks. I actually went the way of OpenOffice for a bit, until I managed to enroll in Microsoft BizSpark and now can use the full Office Suite virtually for free.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I use 2010 but it is very buggy and I may even switch back to 2007.

One of the main problems is automatic updating of linked spreadsheets.
Even though I have set this to automatically update/allow, it still prompts me every single time I open the spreadsheet.

SchmitzIT

maybe not. After reading some comments on MS support site, it looks like 32b is better way to go.
If it's any consolation, I use 64 bit, and have not had any trouble, whatsoever.

Judging by your past posts, though, you're prolly looking at using far more advanced math stuff than I am, so your milage might vary.

Jo.

I bought Office 2010 in the summer then completely forgot I even had it lol. Thanks for reminding me! Really must dig that out and get it installed. I'm such a scatterbrain sometimes lol.