1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who using Office 2010?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andy.N, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of upgrading the 2007 version to 2010. Anyone has experience in both can comment?
    I use mostly Outlook and a bit of Word/Excel.

2. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

I've been using it for a while and like it. I use Word, Outlook and OneNote fairly regularly. And PowerPoint and Excel when necessary.

3. Jose Amaral Mota

Jose Amaral Mota Active Member

4. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

Been using it since the beta in summer 2009. Easier, more untuitive. Give it a go.

5. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

And you guys used 2007 version for sometimes and think 2010 is better? Or you just start out directly with 2010?

6. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

Office Pro, then 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010. The latest is the best, most cohesive offering yet. Its not really a bundle of products. I can drop a spreadsheet or visio diagram into a word document and, if necessary edit it from within the document, including changing formulas, if necessary.

The biggest change, as was already pointed out, is in Outlook. A much more "social media aware" application and more discussion oriented rather that chronological email.

Andy.N and Dean like this.
  7. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

I've used every single Office version since '97 and yes, I find '10 much better than '07.

Andy.N likes this.
  8. FreshFroot

FreshFroot Well-Known Member

what's the difference between 2010 and 2007?

Many places that I go to still use 2007.

9. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

Refinements, mostly. One nice one is being able to completely customize the Ribbon.

10. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

Really?!?! I hate Office 2007's ribbon...looks like I need to update soon.

11. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

Yes, you can alter it almost any way you want, it's pretty nice. There are other things, too, but that's probably the best one.

Trombones13 likes this.
  12. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Currently using Office 2010, very nice technology. :)

13. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

thanks all for your input. Going to get office 2010 64bit soon.

14. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

I'm also using 2010, though I have to admit I do not see that much of a difference with 2007. My main use of 2007 over previous versions was when I used Excel for BI purposes, and the additional functionality proved to be so much better for us BI folks. I actually went the way of OpenOffice for a bit, until I managed to enroll in Microsoft BizSpark and now can use the full Office Suite virtually for free.

15. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I use 2010 but it is very buggy and I may even switch back to 2007.

One of the main problems is automatic updating of linked spreadsheets.
    Even though I have set this to automatically update/allow, it still prompts me every single time I open the spreadsheet.

16. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

maybe not. After reading some comments on MS support site, it looks like 32b is better way to go.

17. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

If it's any consolation, I use 64 bit, and have not had any trouble, whatsoever.

Judging by your past posts, though, you're prolly looking at using far more advanced math stuff than I am, so your milage might vary.

18. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

I bought Office 2010 in the summer then completely forgot I even had it lol. Thanks for reminding me! Really must dig that out and get it installed. I'm such a scatterbrain sometimes lol.

19. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Never liked Office 2007, but 2010 just rocked.

20. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

To be fair, all the reviews about 64bit are in 2009, 2010 when the release just came out. I notice there is SP1 for office so they may have fixed and improved things since then.