Who Said Innovation Died With Steve Jobs?

Anthony Parsons

The new mac pro due for release later in the year, if not innovative... then I think you need get a grip on reality! Apple has come out fighting from the looks of this thing, pioneering innovative computing architecture once again.

http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

Just WOW!

I would anticipate that some of this will roll into the iMac line as standard, no doubt PC manufacturers will jump on the bandwagon to roll it into desktop PC's. No more old style hard drives, and SSD's are old adage, as that stuff is better as a NAS solution than within a functional system architecture nowadays considering the speed and performance they're getting out of PCI flash storage.

We’re talking storage that’s up to 2.5 times faster than the fastest SATA-based solid-state drive and up to 10 times faster than a 7200-rpm SATA hard drive.

While the design is truly impressive I have to point out that the using a storage mechanism over pci is not their idea... http://www.fusionio.com/products/iodrive-octal/ these guys have had this going on for a while now and I have to say no one is touching anywhere near it right now...that said this is the first computer I have to seen to come anywhere near that as a stock feature so it is welcome because others will also copy idea just as apple did.

In the end unless they want to give me one to test and review, I will just keep on about complaining about windows 8 and using windows 7 on any machine I have and just consider this a pretty computer in a tube.

Still looks like the following to me:
  • Garbage Can
  • Rice Cooker
  • Tissue Dispenser
  • (With a little decoration) Radioactive waste
Sorry, too innovative at the moment. If somebody else copies this design and actually make expansion work (as @Jake Bunce mentioned), then I will consider it.

Apple puts form over function again and people call it innovation. :LOL:

You know what wold be even more 'innovative'?

339jixer_red_sphere_1_110.png

And in 2016...

139titanium_mobius_strip_.jpg

Now 2018 is going to be really interesting...

987tumblr_lo4m9vAjWr1qj1w.jpg

Still looks like the following to me:
  • Garbage Can
  • Rice Cooker
  • Tissue Dispenser
  • (With a little decoration) Radioactive waste
Sorry, too innovative at the moment. If somebody else copies this design and actually make expansion work (as @Jake Bunce mentioned), then I will consider it.

Its a tissue dispenser with a microprocessor to auto dispense when needed. Nothing more, nothing less.

(In all seriousness, I think it looks nice - but I wont be buying one as mentioned above, no expansion opportunities. Not acceptable for a work station, IMO.)

Apple puts form over function again and people call it innovation. :LOL:

Yep!

The ipad and iphone should have had giant power-sucking expansion chassis so you'd gobble one up!
;)

I've had the old big Pro for 5+ years and the ONLY expansions I have done are hard drives and RAM. In other words, storage! I'd be just as happy, or even happier, to use 1/4 the power and have a faster machine.

Apple is simply giving the market what it desires...I'd say 80% or more of Mac Pro buyers are like me in that they are not going to expand anything other than storage.

When it comes to many computers - tablets, phones, laptops, etc. - FORM IS FUNCTION.

The design is nice and all, and I guess it is innovative to be able to fit all those components in there. But most of the stuff they're showing off are the specs which I'm sure will set you back more than 10k USD if you want the most beefed up version :/

The design is nice and all, and I guess it is innovative to be able to fit all those components in there. But most of the stuff they're showing off are the specs which I'm sure will set you back more than 10k USD if you want the most beefed up version :/
That's what hurts Apple from gaining a larger market share.

Let's be honest and look at where Apple is....
  • iPod which was the #1 mp3 player
  • iPhone one of the most popular smart phones
  • iPad one of the more popular tablets (which really started the tablet migration)
And so naturally, people want to check out iMacs and other apple computers. People WANT to go Apple. That's the kicker. They consumer market loves Apple Computer & wants to go with Apple..

Then they see the price tag..... And they move on.

If their price tag became competitive for the consumer market, they would wipe Windows off the floor.

That's what hurts Apple from gaining a larger market share.

Let's be honest and look at where Apple is....
  • iPod which was the #1 mp3 player
  • iPhone one of the most popular smart phones
  • iPad one of the more popular tablets (which really started the tablet migration)
And so naturally, people want to check out iMacs and other apple computers. People WANT to go Apple. That's the kicker. They consumer market loves Apple Computer & wants to go with Apple..

If their price tag became competitive for the consumer market, they would wipe Windows off the floor.
honestly...there is some truth to that...i would have tried out an apple instead of what I have now if it wasn't for the fact that I built a tower with a hexacore i7 and 64gigs of memory for WAY under the cost of a comparable hexacore mac with only 32 gigs of memory, in fact over 2000 dollars less for about double the machine.

Oh well...their problem not mine.

The lack of upgradeability and expandability is unacceptable for a professional workstation.
That is about the only problem I've concluded thus far myself... though nobody can be sure how it can, or cannot, be expanded at this stage. A very nice product overall...

That is the mac or PC choice debate. Not really relevant to this discussion about a specific product. Mac is a premium product supplier, PC isn't. Simple as that. Like buying BMW or Hyundai. Apple isn't going broke, nor is BMW... it's an irrelevant debate about what product you want.

Top Bottom