Who Replied

Who Replied 2.3.0

No permission to download
By default, there is a close button in the top-right corner and an explicit close button at the bottom of the Who Replies dialog. This is provided by the XenForo framework,

Otherwise, I really have no idea what you are asking.

Otherwise, I really have no idea what you are asking.
Our forum is in Russian, but I will try to clearly explain the pictures...

XF: 2.1.8 Patch2
Add-on: 2.0.8
Hardware: PC
Browser: Chrome

1. Close the window "Who Replied" with the bottom button:
скрин1140.webp
2. Reload the page manually (or F5):
скрин1141.webp
3. Receive a notification:
скрин1138.webp
Google translation:
Confirm form resubmission
The page you are looking for has used the information you entered. When returning to this page, you may need to repeat the previously performed steps. Repeat?

Continue | Cancel​

Question: what for?

@Xon I just installed this addon on a few of my sites - works well ... except for one:

1591834246295.webp

No matter which thread I choose, I get the same result.

I'm wondering what would cause this? I haven't had a chance to look through the source code yet to see what criteria it is querying on - I thought you might have an idea.

I'm expecting this might be an issue with my site rather than your addon - this particular site has been "archived" so there might be a quirk in my permissions or something else about the users.

@Sim how old is this site? the Who Replied hits the xf_thread_user_post table, which is XF managed. Older XF1.x versions sometime didn't populate it correctly.

Can you try doing a thread rebuild (with positions) and see if that helps?

Reactions: Sim
It was recently upgraded to v2.1 from v1.5 ... I'm pretty sure I did all the rebuilds after upgrading, but I'm also pretty sure I did NOT do the (with positions), so I'll try that now - thanks.

Hey Xon, I just installed this add-on for one of my sites. I have been looking for a way to allow members to view a thread and filter that thread to view only the replies by the thread author, with replies by everyone else collapsed or hidden. This add-on comes close with the search results for all the posts in the thread by a user, but you then have to click into each post to view the full content. Is there a way to achieve what I'm describing, even if it's maybe a customized (paid) extension of this add-on?

@Ludachris my "Threadmarks" add-on comes the closest.

If the thread author's replies are threadmarked, it auto-generates next/previous links on each post and allows a "reader mode" which only shows those threadmarks.

@Ludachris my "Threadmarks" add-on comes the closest.

If the thread author's replies are threadmarked, it auto-generates next/previous links on each post and allows a "reader mode" which only shows those threadmarks.
I'll take a look, thanks Xon.

Hey @Xon have you got around to testing this on XF 2.2 yet? :D
It looks fine, this is a very simple add-on. Obviously for "thread types" which don't show a reply count in the thread list there isn't a link but that is expected

@Xon - It would be really cool if there was some way to insert the who-replied list into a post with some form of BB-Code. Maybe this is more something for Advanced BB-Code Pack, and I'm not sure how hard this would be to do, but just a thought.

It wouldn't be to hard, but I'm not really sure the usability aspects over just having it as a link in the thread-tools.

By design it doesn't render all users who have replied to a thread since this can be a relatively expensive query

It wouldn't be to hard, but I'm not really sure the usability aspects over just having it as a link in the thread-tools.

By design it doesn't render all users who have replied to a thread since this can be a relatively expensive query

Yeah, was mostly looking for ways to get lurking players in RPGs to post more, and one way could be to tag people and show their post counts. That said, it's probably not worth it.

Hey Xon,

I was just made aware by a member that our forum almost only shows newer posts by a user. Older postings are either not displayed at all or only very occasionally. What can be the reason?

Best regards

You will need to rebuild thread information to get older threads to show all users who have replied.

You will need to rebuild the search index to show the all posts when clicking on the replies for a user.

Top Bottom