******* - Who Read This Thread [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Who Read This Thread (version 1.0) - It will show all users who read a thread

This is a mod that I coded for a forum that I help administer. It will show all members who read a thread.You can choose which group/s you would like to show the thread readers user list.

After you install the mod, go to User Group Permissions, choose the group/s that you would like to show the thread readers user list and under General Permissions you will see a new settings called: Can view who read this thread: to Yes and save the changes.

Then when viewing a thread, just below the...

Read more about this resource...

That would include some extra change as you will have to alter the link part to resemble the Thread Tools and then change the place. I can modify the mod package with the extra changes for you for an extra fee.

I have a similar addon running on vbulletin. It has a very handy feature that by clicking the name of a user you can see exactly which other threads the user has been viewing and when.
Please consider to add this.

Hi @borbole

I guess this is a bug since it shouldn't happen. When a user (let's say myself, as an admin) unchecks the ability to show himself online to other users, it still records me as a viewer of a thread.
Should it excludes people that don't want to show themselves online in the list of people that visited the thread?

I have a similar addon running on vbulletin. It has a very handy feature that by clicking the name of a user you can see exactly which other threads the user has been viewing and when.
Please consider to add this.

That goes beyond the functionality of this mod. Imho it is best done as a separate mod.

Hi @borbole

I guess this is a bug since it shouldn't happen. When a user (let's say myself, as an admin) unchecks the ability to show himself online to other users, it still records me as a viewer of a thread.
Should it excludes people that don't want to show themselves online in the list of people that visited the thread?

It is not a bug per se. The mod simply logs all users who visited a thread regardless if they don''t want to show up in the online list. It is like posting, when an user that does not want to show up in the online list makes a post/thread then his/her name will appear. Same thing with my mod too. But I will see to include an option to include/exclude the user privacy at a later time.

Would it be feasibile to modify the code where timestamps of their last visits could be seen to the right of each name? The nature of our forum dictates that the moderators need that information as much as who visited. I would pay for this modification if it is not too time consuming to do.

Is possible show all images in a div ? Not clickable link. (or may be an option for this)

For example,

Who has read the thread:
xxx,yyyyy,zzzzzz,bb,cc and 18 others.

18 others may link to which you use now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom