Who are you? What do you do? Why do you love XF?

About you:

• Total voters
First website (static) 1996.
First forum 2001 I used an online service at first all readymade but ad supported - that was an international academic seminar of scholars linked to my PhD work ... but universities v resistant to the idea .. most still are or else they debase it to a cheap costcutter.

2002-3 I struggled with e107. Gave up went to email lists.
VB 2005-when XF started. Brief go at IPB ugh and home again to XF.
I used e107 back in the day. Slow but not bad for its time.

I think I ticked the wrong option 😁. When it says XF forum admin do you mean admin of your own forum rather than this forum? I took it to mean this one and selected the middle option.

So - I love it because - it's slick. It looks good - it works, updates are easy - everything works. I have been a user of forums since about 2008 - I am not tech savvy (other than some photo editing) and set up a forum from scratch when one I was using kind of died because the owner lost interest.

This was a very steep learning curve but I'm very glad I did it. I got a lot of help on here and also from my server (I was quite terrified about the idea of servers at first and now it's old hat). I enjoy tweaking the look and I also like Russ's skins at pixel exit. It looks professional and it's the best as far as I'm concerned. Which is why I paid for it.

I now have two forums and thinking I'm getting a bit addicted! One is 18 months old and doing very well with a lot of members. The other I only started a month ago but am advertising it.

I enjoying getting a forum running well and having a friendly atmosphere. I am semi retired but used to repair old computers as a sideline so was more on the hardware side. Most of them are not quite so friendly for being fixed now (less replaceable parts).

PS Can I change my selection in the poll if the top one means are you admin of your own forum?

Top Bottom