Who actually uses the Recent Activity page?

Do you use the Recent Activity page?

• Total voters

DBA

Anyone actually use this page? I know it seems to be requested a lot but how many people seriously use it? I personally find it to be an overload of worthless information.
http://xenforo.com/community/recent-activity/

Looking at my Google Analytics stats it looks like the visitors/members on my site don't use it either.

0.32% of my unique pageviews are the /recent-activity/ page.
31% of my unique pageviews are the /find-new/ (What was called 'What's New' but is now 'New Threads') page.

You can find these stats on Google Analytics at Content > Site Content > All Pages. Use the search feature to search for the following phrases; find-new/ and recent-activity/

I put it on the Forum tab on my site (so right next to What's New) and it gets a decent amount of traffic, with plenty of members swearing by it and literally unable to understand why anyone would use What's New instead.

~15% /find-new
~4% /recent-activity

It definitely only suits small forums though

Looking at my Google Analytics stats it looks like the visitors/members on my site don't use it either.

0.32% of my unique pageviews are the /recent-activity/ page.

what is the reason your users are not using it ?

- because it contains "worthless" information ?
- because it is hidden away under a Subtab ?
- something else ?

:coffee:

It definitely only suits small forums though
Exactly.
what is the reason your users are not using it ?

- because it contains "worthless" information ?
- because it is hidden away under a Subtab ?
- something else ?

:coffee:
All the one's I've asked have said that it contains no pieces of information that they want. They don't care who liked what unless it's one of their own posts and in which case they'll get an alert. Clicking on a link doesn't take you to the first unread post of that thread but instead the reply that it's referring to. Plus like @Russ mentioned, it doesn't look very good.

I use it here and on my own site.

It's no different to the Spy add-on in that respect, which a lot of people raved about.

I'm not debating the pro's/cons of it. Never used the Spy add-on. Just posting what I thought might be the reason it was said it is better for smaller forums.

Every now and again will take a look but don't view it that often. I do agree with Russ though, Its not that visually appealing.

I use this on small and large forum. I'm not a fan of the traditional "What's new".

Logic would tell me that the Recent Activity page would be slower than "whats new", because it pulls more information. I don't know why, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It always puzzled me. :confused:

Of course as a matter of personal preference I'd likely still default to the recent activity page. :)

Damn, I clicked "No" before I saw the Ice Cream option. :( :ROFLMAO:

On a more serious note, I personally don't use it because it has too many different things in there.

Top Bottom