1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which web hosting to use

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by ISA0918, Aug 5, 2015.

1. ISA0918

ISA0918 New Member

I've been reading all the web hosting forums here and it's been confusing.

Somebody suggested A Small Orange but it is not mobile friendly, will that affect much if I have Xenforo?

Been thinking of InMotion, HawkHost as well.

Could you help?

We would prefer the following:
    around $5 per month
    SSD
    based in US
    mobile friendly

Our private community is around 100-150 members right now. Been using Ning but plan to migrate to Xenforo. We already purchased the license but can somebody help us with the webhosting suggestions?

Thanks

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I recommend @Mike Edge. Excellent support and hardly any downtime.

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  3. ISA0918

ISA0918 New Member

Thanks Amaury. What's the name of the company of @Mike Edge?

4. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

I did not have much luck with the host recommended in above post. Lost money. Lost data. Details in my signature.

StarArmy, adwade and ISA0918 like this.
  5. nodle

nodle Well-Known Member

6. ISA0918

ISA0918 New Member

Could anybody recommend US based web hosting?

7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Mike Edge is US-based.

8. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

We offer US based web hosting with all the specs you are looking for and we can make a custom hosting plan based on your needs and amount of money you are willing to pay. Check my signature for reviews about our services.

9. HammerDown

HammerDown Active Member

Hi-Velocity.

I use it and if I'm not mistaken, when I hired @MattW he was so impressed he started using them too.

Liteally 100% uptime for several years now and support responses within seconds.

StarArmy likes this.
  10. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

Honestly your pricing is a little out of sorts. Your high-end package is close to the cost of some of the lower-end dedicated servers from such companies as Namecheap and Dreamhost.

11. HammerDown

HammerDown Active Member

Disregard. I didn't see the $5/month part. :D

12. HammerDown

HammerDown Active Member

Apples-to-oranges.

13. ISA0918

ISA0918 New Member

For somebody who is not familiar with all the computer software languages, it is really helpful to know which webhosting you use.
    I've read about Nimbus but this is UK based.
    A Small Orange - not mobile friendly.

HawkHost or InMotion anyone?

14. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Is unmanaged VPS ok?

I'm on Hostigation, and find them very reliable. $15/mo for a decent VPS.

If not, HostUS.us is also good...

Liam

15. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

We might be able to help you out. Check out our reviews/information in my signature for more details.

16. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Don't mind him, search his posts.. He complains about every host he has used.

Searching, you will find many recommending us.. Always someone not happy regardless how much you go out of your way for them. That's just part of business, sadly.

17. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

Yet he is the only one where I lost data and money. Must be incredible bad luck.

Jake B. likes this.
  18. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Let's just leave that there. You've had you say on it; anyone curious about it can read the previous discussion.

Amaury, The Forum Heroes and Liam W like this.
  19. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

Small orange is no more or less mobile friendly than another host:) the website itself is what decides mobile friendliness, presuming the speed is decent, been a while since I used small orange, but they were blazing fast for my xenforo forums when i was there.

20. Etherus

Etherus Member

I have been using digitalocean for almost 1.5 years now and no real downtime they work perfect, installing Xenforo is not that difficult either if you are little technical.

I can help you out for free to set it up if you need some help or here is a guide I made to set it up with hhvm works pretty fast that way: Tutorial: Install XenForo using Nginx and HHVM on Fedora.