XF 1.5 Which template contains the thread view?

Stockwalker

When viewing a thread, which template contains the code for it? Is it only one, or several interlinked ones?

Also, approx how many templates are there in total for a XenForo system?

Also, is access to the template file the only thing I need when developing? Or how do I see other functionality of the platform? Where do I see what the variables mean (defined)?

When viewing a thread, which template contains the code for it?
It's called thread_view.

Is it only one, or several interlinked ones?
There are potentially a significant number of templates involved in generating a page. They'll generally be called off of the main one.

Also, approx how many templates are there in total for a XenForo system?
There are over 500 (public) templates out of the box.

Also, is access to the template file the only thing I need when developing? Or how do I see other functionality of the platform? Where do I see what the variables mean (defined)?
You reference a "template file". Just to confirm, the primary template editor location is within the control panel.

Every template has different variables based on the code. See some discussion of this here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/using-variables-in-templates.5034/

There are potentially a significant number of templates involved in generating a page. They'll generally be called off of the main one.
I am talking about generating a thread view specifically. Can you give me an example?

What about private ones? What does a public template mean?

thank u

Last edited:
I am talking about generating a thread view specifically. Can you give me an example?

What about private ones? What does a public template mean?

thank u
if you edit thread_view in the admincp it will show which templates are called/included in it. as tabs above the template editor

Top Bottom