Which iPhone 6 will you get?

Which iPhone 6 will you buy?

• iPhone 6 (4.7 inches)

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inches)

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters
Probably the buggiest iOS release yet, unfortunately.
That award without a doubt goes to iOS7 followed by iPhone OS 2. Both were WAY buggier out of the box than iOS8 IMO.

Development on iOS7 was a nightmare for a while, the OS was severely unstable before 7.1 was released. iOS8 is adapting to a responsive display format, and that's without a doubt going to come with issues, but they're pretty small compared to bugs that iOS7 shipped with.

I have owned every single iPhone thus far (excluding the 6 or 6+). I also own two mac books, iMac, apple tv, ipad's, and absolutely love the continuity that they integrated. I forgot to mention I also love my Capsul. I have funally decided that its time to move on from iPhone, and give Android a try. Im looking at the Note 4. Honestly i dont see any difference between the 5, 5s, 6, 6+ other than the 6's having a larger screen. Just about every iPhone i have owned i have had battery problems with. For example besides the screen size whats the difference between the 5's and 6?
I figured if Im going to get a bigger screen i might aswell get one that will allow me to fully utilize it. I was very dissappointed with no multitasking, better camera, or battery. The 6+ does have a better battery but the 5's and 6 are basically the same.
This is just my opinion =D

That award without a doubt goes to iOS7 followed by iPhone OS 2. Both were WAY buggier out of the box than iOS8 IMO.

Development on iOS7 was a nightmare for a while, the OS was severely unstable before 7.1 was released. iOS8 is adapting to a responsive display format, and that's without a doubt going to come with issues, but they're pretty small compared to bugs that iOS7 shipped with.
iOS 7 never gave me any problems I updated it the day it became available however that may just very well of been the difference between how we use our phones. IOS 8 on the other hand is killing me it's barely usable as far as the Safari browser is concerned and how I use it. (of course that's just my opinion)

It's really huge, larger than you would expect I think :) Just browse the web with it. The iphone 4 was rather small so I got some "you're hurting your eyes doing that" comments. The plus is that huge that I wanted to download an ipad app for it and wondered why it wasn't possible. I see it more as a mini ipad. When you accept it as that, you will be very happy with it.
It was really larger than I wanted. I already have an iPad Mini, so didn't really need a micro mini iPad. :D
Decided to let them keep it and ordered the wife a 128GB gold iPhone 6.

Certainly wasn't.

Probably the buggiest iOS release yet, unfortunately. I think the way they are doing things is all wrong. They made a step forward with Mac OS X Yosemite this year and they really need to extend that to iOS next year.

As well as the development seeds they should be having releasing public betas of iOS. They broke file uploading... I mean... how is it even possible for that to be tested for 4 months without being picked up; unless it was a last minute change. Interestingly it didn't affect the XCode simulator so maybe it was just a last minute hiccup...
I don't understand that. For me, iOS 8 is the smoothest upgrade in a while! No problems whatsoever.

Just to add to my review: the 6 plus is a fantastic phone. I can type on it with two thumbs much quicker than with the iphone 4. Everything just works smoothly. And I can not comprehend how good that camera actually is, it's really so good.

If I want a phone to browse the web, I would get the plus.
My thoughts exactly.

Haven't experienced any problems with iOS 8 since its release thankfully, currently using an iPhone 5. Also upgraded my Apple TV to version 7 I believe, everything is well. Might be looking at upgrading to iPhone 6 once my contract expires in december.

Lots of reports of the iPhone 6+ bending...
If you carry it in your pocket and your pants are half-way tight then it would be expected. No different than carrying a Note 2/3/4 in your hip pocket and the screen breaking. Most of the "bend" problem is resolved by placing a case on it. I've never carried a phone in a pocket - call me old-fashioned, I use a holster for mine. My pockets are for my keys, change, cigar lighter/cutter, etc.

If you carry it in your pocket and your pants are half-way tight then it would be expected. No different than carrying a Note 2/3/4 in your hip pocket and the screen breaking. Most of the "bend" problem is resolved by placing a case on it. I've never carried a phone in a pocket - call me old-fashioned, I use a holster for mine. My pockets are for my keys, change, cigar lighter/cutter, etc.
Why would that be expected? I have always had my iPhones in my pocket, and they have never been bent. Apple should make them more solid, imo.

Why would that be expected? I have always had my iPhones in my pocket, and they have never been bent. Apple should make them more solid, imo.
I am referring to a phone the size of the 6 Plus. You stick a Note 2/3/4 in your pocket and you will end up with similar problems (usually a broken LCD). That size phone is not designed to be carried in a pocket IMHO. People do it... but to me it's just stupid. Your pocket is a dust magnet. The same people gripe because the screens get scratched.. duh? Let's see... glass can scratch glass.. and what is sand (which we have a lot of in my home area).

Apple decided to get away from the brick look and go back to something more "stylish". Is it a better build? Not for that aspect. But the nice thing is most of that problem is solved (as I said) by placing a hard case on it. You can't compare the iPhone 5s and older to the newer ones. They are smaller and thicker.

At least he didn't say it is a feature of the iphone :)
Found an interesting CBS article on that video (pretty sure it was that) in which the "tester" stated
Hilsentger did admit later on the video that the Galaxy Note 3 did warp "a little" and that the plastic build found in the Samsung device is definitely more durable compared to the "very malleable" aluminum construction of the iPhone 6 Plus.

I am referring to a phone the size of the 6 Plus. You stick a Note 2/3/4 in your pocket and you will end up with similar problems (usually a broken LCD). That size phone is not designed to be carried in a pocket IMHO. People do it... but to me it's just stupid. Your pocket is a dust magnet. The same people gripe because the screens get scratched.. duh? Let's see... glass can scratch glass.. and what is sand (which we have a lot of in my home area).

Apple decided to get away from the brick look and go back to something more "stylish". Is it a better build? Not for that aspect. But the nice thing is most of that problem is solved (as I said) by placing a hard case on it. You can't compare the iPhone 5s and older to the newer ones. They are smaller and thicker.
If youre the average Joe like myself and (90%) of the people your phone stays in the pocket. Its a pocket phone for a reason. The scratching is solved by a screen protector..

Found an interesting CBS article on that video (pretty sure it was that) in which the "tester" stated
Here is the video, he might have said it wrapped a little bit but it definantly would not do that under pocket preassure =P
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wrong. I frequently carry my One M8 in the (front) pocket and it doesn't show any signs of wear. Neither bending nor scratches. It's all about quality of materials used and basic design. Obviously, the frame of a large phone needs to be stronger, because forces, when bent, will be higher. Simple laws of mechanics.

If it only bends under excessive force, then nothing wrong - it's not a device to train your muscles :)

If it really bends when you carry it in your front pocket and sit down, then something is (seriously) wrong with the design. Personally, I wouldn't carry *any* phone in my back pocket or rather remove it from there before I sit down, but front pocket should be ok, unless one wears super-tight pants. But then again, it shouldn't bend before it really hurts you :)

If youre the average Joe like myself and (90%) of the people your phone stays in the pocket. Its a pocket phone for a reason. The scratching is solved by a screen protector..
Never heard of it referred to as a pocket phone.. cell phone yes.
I guess that's the difference in the age groups. I'm older and use my pocket for stuff like pocket knife, keys, spare change... you know the stuff that most people from an era of over 40 years ago carry around. To top it off I don't like carrying it all in one pocket so carry the most used stuff in one and less used in another. Of course, I lead a fairly active lifestyle so pockets would never work for any phone for me.

Here is the video, he might have said it wrapped a little bit but it definantly would not do that under pocket preassure =P
It's aluminum... which is a soft metal and will bend compared the plastic that is on the Galaxy - which will break/crack (if it's the same plastic as on the Galaxy S3) when dropped. I've been through 3 backs on the S3.
I would have preferred them to have made it out of titanium myself.

Personally, I wouldn't carry *any* phone in my back pocket or rather remove it from there before I sit down, but front pocket should be ok, unless one wears super-tight pants. But then again, it shouldn't bend before it really hurts you :)
And personally I wouldn't carry a phone in ANY pocket (other than maybe a suit jacket one).

Top Bottom