1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where on XF do I place other people's link requests?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Core Freedom, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Core Freedom

Core Freedom Well-Known Member

I'm getting some inquiries for link exchanges but where on XF am I suppose to place their links? Are these links suppose to be visible to the public or are they just 'hidden' somewhere on my site?

Puntocom likes this.
  2. Skeletor

Skeletor Member

I have a "links" section/forum with links to external sites. You could also create a custom page with links but that's more work in the long run.

Core Freedom and GeeksChat like this.
  3. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Core Freedom and Skeletor like this.
  4. Core Freedom

I have that add-on but it never occurred to me to use the directory to place other people's links because that directly requires for a bit more info than just a link and a website name.

Thank you both!

5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

You should probably make the Links a Xenporta module.
    Is there one ?
    A manual .html text box would probably work.

Core Freedom likes this.
  6. Core Freedom

I do have a few xenporta boxes available for storing html but I don't know where I would place it. Don't want to have it glaring on the front page. Where's the best place to put it? :)

7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Under share this page ?

Core Freedom likes this.
  8. Core Freedom

By the time I'm done with my front page there won't be any space left. :) Plus I think that would look quite ugly, won't it?

Might stick with giving them a directory entry instead, more work for me but nicer looking.