XF Cloud Question

AndrewSimm

I understand that XF will upgrade their products but what validation is being done to make sure 3rd party add-ons are ready? For example, when XF 2.3 comes out, sites running certain add-ons may need to wait for a period of time before upgrading. Is the forum owner given a period of time to be ready for a major upgrade?

My next question is one traffic. I am a partner on a football site and we have months where traffic is over 6M page views and months where it is 2M. It averages out to around 4M (I think). I am assuming this is the custom plan?

I understand that XF will upgrade their products but what validation is being done to make sure 3rd party add-ons are ready? For example, when XF 2.3 comes out, sites running certain add-ons may need to wait for a period of time before upgrading. Is the forum owner given a period of time to be ready for a major upgrade?
In the customer area you can specify your upgrade preferences for minor and major versions separately.

You can essentially defer your 2.3 upgrade until you’re ready and trigger it manually once you know you are.

My next question is one traffic. I am a partner on a football site and we have months where traffic is over 6M page views and months where it is 2M. It averages out to around 4M (I think). I am assuming this is the custom plan?
If you average about 4m page views the business plan should be fine.

They aren’t hard limits. The focus is on making sure there are enough resources to support your visitors. It’s challenging if it switches between 2 and 6m but there should be enough headroom for that.

In the customer area you can specify your upgrade preferences for minor and major versions separately.

You can essentially defer your 2.3 upgrade until you’re ready and trigger it manually once you know you are.

If you average about 4m page views the business plan should be fine.

They aren’t hard limits. The focus is on making sure there are enough resources to support your visitors. It’s challenging if it switches between 2 and 6m but there should be enough headroom for that.
Thanks Chris!

Top Bottom