XF 1.3 where is the bot file?

Adam Howard

Ever since XenForo 1.2, I have noticed that you can monitor the bots online... ie... XenForo keeps track of showing you that Google, Bing, Yahoo, and a wide range of other search bots are online. However this list could use some updating and I'd be willing to give it a go.

In other developments it's usually a XML file that is read, but I don't see any evidence of that here in XenForo. So I'm guessing it's hardcoded in one of the PHP files (unless I've overlooked something in my random and be it quick searching).

That's where they are... and I had modified mine to allocate more - but each upgrade stomps it and you have to do it again (I don't feel safe just copying the modified one over the new upgraded one in case of changes). That's one thing I do miss about myBB, the ability to define the bots in the DB from the ACP.

That's where they are... and I had modified mine to allocate more - but each upgrade stomps it and you have to do it again (I don't feel safe just copying the modified one over the new upgraded one in case of changes). That's one thing I do miss about myBB, the ability to define the bots in the DB from the ACP.
In vBulletin it was an XML file.

@Tracy Perry @FredC
Made this into a suggestion

edit: wrong link ... correct link...
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/independent-bot-file.74376/

Top Bottom