1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 where is the bot file?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Adam Howard, May 18, 2014.

1. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Ever since XenForo 1.2, I have noticed that you can monitor the bots online... ie... XenForo keeps track of showing you that Google, Bing, Yahoo, and a wide range of other search bots are online. However this list could use some updating and I'd be willing to give it a go.

In other developments it's usually a XML file that is read, but I don't see any evidence of that here in XenForo. So I'm guessing it's hardcoded in one of the PHP files (unless I've overlooked something in my random and be it quick searching).
    FredC likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I believe they're all defined in Session.php
    Adam Howard likes this.
  3. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Wow i was just thinking about this yesterday and was even going to create a thread.. id like to add Amazon and a few others
    Adam Howard likes this.
  4. Adam Howard

@Brogan Thank you :)
  5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

That's where they are... and I had modified mine to allocate more - but each upgrade stomps it and you have to do it again (I don't feel safe just copying the modified one over the new upgraded one in case of changes). That's one thing I do miss about myBB, the ability to define the bots in the DB from the ACP.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  6. Adam Howard

In vBulletin it was an XML file.
  7. Adam Howard

@Tracy Perry @FredC
    Made this into a suggestion

edit: wrong link ... correct link...